Long term range

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
sborthwick

Post by sborthwick »

I have now had my Enyaq 80 Suite for a few weeks and have already covered over 1000 miles on a mix of roads including a fair amount of 70mph motorway. My long term average so far is 4.2miles per kwh which I'm happy with.

What are other people getting from theirs? and what sort of impact should I expect on my economy once the temperature starts to drop?
2022 Enyaq 80 Suite Black - Climate package plus, convenience package plus, light and view package
Octopus Intelligent - referral code pale-okapi-534

Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

I'm not intending to sound dismissive, but this subject has been discussed a million times elsewhere in this forum. Sometimes as a main topic, sometimes as a sideline to other issues.

The results are incredibly variable.
Clearly the amount of energy you use in any form is the key issue - speed, acceleration, braking, heating, air con ... the list is endless.
Then you've also got the type of journeys you typically do - long, steady cruising or lost of stop-start.
Temperature (and weather generally) also plays a factor. I'd hazard a guess and suggest your 4.2m/kWh could drop by anything up to 25% in winter.

Driving an EV means we are very much more conscious of energy usage. Which is a good thing. The data is presented to us far more accurately than an ICE. I have a friend who swears blind his aircon makes no difference to the fuel consumption in his ICE. When I ask him where the energy comes from to power it, he makes noises along the lines of 'the battery' or 'the engine, but it's running anyway'. Well, so long as he's happy ...
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

True long term average is after you cover full 12months with similar mileage per month.

If you drive loads in summer and don’t drive too much in winter then it will skew it towards higher efficiency.

If you drive loads in the towns and not much at higher speeds then again it will skew towards higher efficiency.

Mine currently at 8k and average 4.1mile/kWh and got the car first week of Jan.
leelazer203

Post by leelazer203 »

Ive had my 60 a year this month. I have covered just over 12, 000 miles and my long term is 4.1 miles per kilowatt hour. My driving is fairly mixed so I am very happy with that.
richboxy

Post by richboxy »

Had mine about 7 weeks, 2000 miles, 4.2m/kwh.

Does heated steering wheel and heated seats affect range? My range doesn’t change with these on, whereas can drop significantly with air con on.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

richboxy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:15 pm Does heated steering wheel and heated seats affect range?
Well, the energy comes from somewhere ...
However the advice is that rather than heat an entire cabin to a comfortable temperature, only heat the seat and steering wheel. Uses a lot less energy (but obviously not no energy)
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

I have had my 80 for 13 weeks, covered 3900 miles and averaged 4.6 miles/kWh over a mixture of urban, rural and motorway driving. Recent between charge averages with mostly motorway/dual carriageway (60%) and urban/residential (40%) have been 4.8 to 5 miles/kWh. Over the last 2.5 years our Kona has shown a stable 12 month average with seasonal variation being within ±10% of the 12 month average. If this is replicated with the Enyaq then I will be very happy as the results so far are better than my predictions before placing the order.

The aircon and heating due show a distinct reduction in predicted range. The predictions depend on the assumptions behind the algorithms that Skoda has implimented. Data and observatons so far suggest that the heated windscreen, seat heaters and steering wheel heater do not affect the predictions but do result in a small reduction in achieved miles/kWh. The achieved miles/kWh degradation is more significant using the aircon or cabin heating. The amount depends on driving style and conditions but the impact is less than for aircon and cabin heating. As none of these have been used much yet I have insufficient data to make a detailed assessment.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

10.5k miles and 3.5m/kWh.
I never drive thinking about economy, drive it how I like and charge it when it needs charging, no different to when I had an ICE car.
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
Eyeofthetiger

Post by Eyeofthetiger »

I have had the car 2 months and done approx 1k miles
Highest I have had is 4.2m/kwh or around 320 miles on full battery
However it is now dropping to around 3.8m/kwh.
I expect it could drop to around 3m/kwh deep in winter.
Skoda enyaq 80 loft
Heat pump
Convenience pack plus
Family pack
Assisted drive pack
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Walter Eagle wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:35 pm
richboxy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:15 pm Does heated steering wheel and heated seats affect range?
Well, the energy comes from somewhere ...
However the advice is that rather than heat an entire cabin to a comfortable temperature, only heat the seat and steering wheel. Uses a lot less energy (but obviously not no energy)
My car has a heat pump, so does that still hold true, as the heating for the car is then much more efficient, whilst heating seats and wheel does not benefit from the heat pump
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post