Enyaq iV Battery Range Variability

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Yakin

Post by Yakin »

Is anyone else experiencing variations in their Enyaq iV's battery range? Let's discuss factors affecting range and possible solutions to optimize and stabilize the electric range for long trips

Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

Weather conditions, driving style and speed are the key factors.
One can’t change the weather but driving smoothly will maximise the range. Also ensure your tyre pressures are correct as the seasonal temperature changes.
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

Is there a way to display the actual tyres pressure, dynamically as it changes? I can't see a way to access it, it's one of those frustrating things...
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

The Enyaq doesn’t have actual tyre pressure sensors in the valves so no it can’t be displayed.
The Enyaq uses a simpler wheel speed sensor (from the ABS) to highlight if any wheel speed changes due to change in circumference compared to the other wheel on the same axle.
RallimG

Post by RallimG »

My experience since having mine at the beginning of this year, in the colder weather there is far more variability in range due mainly to the lower temperatures requiring battery heating which becomes more apparent / worse if you are only performing short journeys. The temperatures variations we are now seeing I can see on my own car are causing the range to drop and consumption to increase.
Enyaq iV Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW Charging, Family Pack, Climate+, Conv. +, Drive+, Infotainment+ & Assisted Drive +.
Ordered Jun 2021 - delivered Jan 2023.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Range is very unreliable until you actually get on a long journey . I find rain has a big effect and of course wind . I played around with driver modes and turned AC off but didn’t seem much difference on my regular 100 mile trip . Cruise control makes it worse by slowing and speeding up
RichR

Post by RichR »

Also - it bears repeating that the dashboard only shows estimated range. It doesn't really mean anything unless you are driving in a steady unchanging way - for example, on cruise control on a motorway. If you're constantly accelerating and braking (eg city driving), or going up and down hills it won't be as accurate. It's there to give you an indication only, not a promise.

It's the same with petrol cars though. I once drove from York to the middle of Scotland on one tank of petrol in my old Nissan Pulsar GTI-R, taking about 5 hours. But on another occasion I got through a full tank of fuel in under an hour and under 100 miles on a track day... :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
orrery

Post by orrery »

From driving a Leaf, the tyre pressures could rise 2 to 3 lbs between cold and hot after a run.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post