Advice please prior to new Enyaq 80 Coupe' purchase.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
barrym01

Post by barrym01 »

Having had some really bad experiences with an MG4, including disturbing experiences with their Front collision assist braking system I've decided to call it a day and move to the Skoda. I'd appreciate any advice, particularly relating to the auto braking system, including how severe it is, and whether it can be disabled permanently, or dies it have to be disabled each time you start. Any additional feedback including range, wheelchair storage or anything else would also be greatly appreciated.

Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

If memory serves me right you can turn the collision assistance from early notification to late notification. It generally shouts at you before doing anything and if you dont respond it starts to break. Its not gaurenteed to stop you from crashing, it is designed to lessen the impact of a crash. On both the VAG cars I have had it breaks hard but you can break harder by applying the break yourself. I fully expect that when it kicks in if I do nothing I'll hit whatever I am driving towards. The only issue I have had with it is one car park by a client of mine, it has large bushes and it tends to break hard when I drive into a parking bay as it thinks I am going to crash into the bushes. I think its because the bushes are not well kept and the car struggles to see bits of the bushes at times. I dont know if it can be disabled permanatly, personally I wouldnt want it to ever be switched off because it reacts so fast if someone pulls out in front of you etc. I have had a few false positives where I am cruising along it things its going to crash on a corner because of a parked car but usually it just shouts at you and doesnt break in those situations.

Regarding range I get about 280 miles in summer and 240 in the depths of winter in my 80. I do a lot of motorway miles and live in an area with short slip roads, you're lucky to be doing 30 when you get to the end of them on full acceleration. I am 18k miles in over 12 months and have had nothing go wrong. Tyres are still good, never had a fault code apart from the front assist when I put the heating on to demist the windows, I think it mists up the part of the screen where the camera is but it usually clears the error within a couple of mins. The car runs like a dream and is probably the best vechicle I have purchased. Its comfortable, well equiped, cheap to charge at home. My longest single journey was over 700 miles done over 15 hours from Essex to Orkney, I have done the journey in the winter and the summer and both times the car has remained unfussed by anything, even when loaded with 2 adults, a kid, a greyhound and several suitcases. I have never had an issue charging on the public network, any issue I have had has been resolved within 2 mins of making a call to the charger company. So I would highly recommend the Enyaq to anyone. I am tempted to trade it in for an 85 when they come out but I know that I have been very lucky with my 80 and I fear I may not be so lucky next time. I am aware other owners have had various issues, lots of which are well documented on this forum.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

I don’t think you can turn off any of the safety features permanently. You have to switch them off each time you drive as it re-enables when the car is switched on everytime.

The auto break can carry emergency break if you are travelling at very low speed and it thinks you are about to hit a car or something else. Otherwise it makes loud beeping noise before it does anything.

Pretty sure all these safety features are requirements to get the highest possibly NCAP ratings
barrym01

Post by barrym01 »

I really appreciate all of your advice, it's been a big help. I'll post feedback when I take delivery 👍
white67

Post by white67 »

Had a few mystery brake events, typically when going into a sharp corner at pace where there’s a big chevron sign right in front of you. Otherwise as mentioned by others, slow speed stuff - if you’re parking and too close to something the car may brake suddenly and hard. Feels and sounds like you’ve actually hit something! Reassuringly it works well to avoid slow speed dings. ( Not that it’s happened often to me lol)
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I've never had a warning that wasnt warranted.

For example, driving towards some sort of obstruction that requires a last minute jink of the wheel to avoid (eg traffic islands while overtaking parked cars), or rapidly approaching a car thats turning off. Once or twice when traffic on the motorway has stopped abruptly too.

I've never actually had it apply the brakes though, only the beep and pre-warning.

IMO these things shouldnt be able to be disabled. If i got rear-ended by someone who'd deliberately turned off AEB i'd be livid.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
KBEE

Post by KBEE »

I’ve had problems with the low speed Manoeuvre Braking - it doesn’t like slopes. Unfortunately for me, my driveway slopes down to the road (where it all levels out, obviously) and I’ve had a number of occasions where the car will slam the brakes on unexpectedly just as I’m pulling out into the road. Not every time, but enough to make me nervous.

There’s zero chance of me actually crashing into the road surface of course, but the car doesn’t seem to understand that and thinks the road is an obstruction I’m about to hit. It’s a little unnerving to have the car emergency stop about 2 feet into the road, so I now manually turn it off every time I go out.

I do wish there was a way to disable it permanently.
Ordered 10th Feb 2022:

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
Energy Blue
Climate Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Family Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Delivered 26th July 2023!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post