OTA SW/3.0 sends me to Skoda Service / Electric Drive malfunction

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
TheYak

Post by TheYak »

I'm running ME3.0 (enyaq/80) delivered Sept 2021.
on ID SW 3.0.0 Hardware H20, SW 0333, Display unit HW/SW H7/108

on 24 Sept I got a notification that an OTA SW update was available. I photographed the screens. which said:
  • "This update brings minor optimizations for the functionality of your vehicle and extended high voltage diagnostics, which will enable faster recognition of increased battery cell self-discharge. This will be signalled by a yellow warning light indicating a fault in the electric drive system."
    "If the warning light appears, you can continue driving exercising appropriate caution, and seek a Skoda service partner."
    "this update does not increase the software version."
on 9 October I get the promised yellow warning light plus scary looking engine symbols... and the words "Electric Drive Not Working Correctly - Please Visit Workshop" (none of the comforting words about driving cautiously which i'm glad i saved), so i phoned my skoda service agent who said... we can see you in 6 weeks. I said "is it safe to drive?" they said "we can't comment" - or words to that efffect.
Since then I've ignored the lights - i always drive excercising appropriate caution anyway (and it's a corporate lease car - not a personal lease, so i don't pick up the tab, and I've tried to do the right thing), and will eventually get it looked at. I'm guessing there's a few cells out of thousands that either need disabling or replacing?
I've not noticed much chatter about this SW "upgrade". I feel it's outrageous (as an ex SW engineer) that something like this doesn't update the SW version number, but does anyone have any experience as to whether I'm being over-relaxed about waiting so long to get the error looked at?

2nd question - when will 3.0 get updated "Over the Air" to 3.X?
It's been about a year since my garage based update to 3.0 which supports OTA. Do you think it's reasonable for me to ask the Service agent to update 3.0 when i take it in to have the Electric Drive problem looked at? (i tried to get them to look at it when i had the vehicle serviced 2 months ago but they were not interested - how forceful can or should i be... I'm not sure if the dealers are equiped to force this upgrade manually (if it's even available?)... or if they can't/wont do that, is it reasonable to get them to fix my 3rd question...

3rd question - I am truly irritated that every time i sit in my drivers seat (even if I've only got out for 60 seconds) I have to go through a acknowledgement process of
  • "Welcome TheYak"
    "Press "OK" to select this User Account

"Your Privacy setting: 'online mode (with location data)' "
I (TheYak) am the primary user and there is only one other account (guest).
It wastes time... and stops Apple Car Play engaging quickly.
The messaging above is exactly the same if i change my privacy settings to private - except that reports that as the privacy setting.
I posted about this a few months ago... and it seems that no-one else gets this message? Does it go away with later software versions? I really want to intelligently get the dealer to remove this (with any helpful information this forum providves) It was not a feature before my "upgrade" to 3.0

Deleted User 2162

Post by Deleted User 2162 »

1st question - 6 weeks to get it diagnosed is what I was told, but if you call ŠKODA Assistance they will tell you to take it ŠKODA Battery centre, they also promised me a hire car which isn’t what they are supposed to do. They then diagnosed it within 3-4 working days as ŠKODA were pushing them to so they could avoid paying for the hire car. Will be another 6 weeks plus after this date for parts. So if it takes 6 weeks diagnose you are looking at 3+ months for a fix.

2nd question - I don’t think it will. Nowhere does it actually say that I have found we will get updates from 3.x to 3.y. Just all future updates will be OTA. 3.0.1 etc etc. I’m now seeing 3.0,3.1,3.2 as entirely different. I hope I’m wrong but I doubt it.

3rd - sounds the same as our car on 3.1 but I have just learnt to get used to it. I think if you don’t have a pin set you should be able to set auto login but nope.
TheYak

Post by TheYak »

Thanks EnyaqAndy.... appreciate those very specific answers, even if they weren't what i was hoping to hear.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post