Preheating isn't coming

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

I have automatic battery preheating on my other EV and find it more of a nuisance because it starts preheating anything up to 60 minutes ahead of the planned charger. Consequently it charges too quickly for our needs and we have to move the car before we have finished our coffee etc. I now put in a destination close to my charging stop to avoid preheating and enjoy a slower charge.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

Skku

Post by Skku »

ScullD01 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:30 pm If you ask Skoda they still maintain they are working on a way to deliver preheating to ME3.X vehicles. Ultimately the value of this feature is different for every owner but I guess what you don’t have now you don’t necessarily miss!
I've asked Skoda. The answer is in my first post.
Skku

Post by Skku »

Last edited by Skku on Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orrery

Post by orrery »

Ken3966 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:10 am And what damage does that ultrafast charging do to battery compared to the slow overnight charge at 7kW.

The Nissan Leaf is an early design and has no active temperature management in the battery, but there are Leaf Taxis that have done 120,000 with rapid charging four time a day before having issues with the battery:

Note that the fix is only about half a day's work.

So, no real worries about using rapid chargers, especially in a car with proper battery cooling.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post