What home charger are you considering?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I was waiting for my Octopus smart meter but when I emailed them and said I was getting solar installed and they needed a smart meter first they did it in 3 weeks. May be worth chasing them. Seems as if you just apply on line you join queue but if you have a reason they try and help.

hergus

Post by hergus »

I did a lot of research about charging points. We are Octopus customers, with a good solar PV array and a smart meter. The most convenient place for the charger, by the garage, is some distance from the house, and I established that the wi-fi signal would not be up to much in that location. I have, therefore gone for Zappi. This will cost me a fair bit more than others because it will include two other bits of kit: a hub that sits by my router and communicates with the charger, and a Harvi box that connects with my cables by the consumer unit and balances use of solar with imported energy depending on what else I am using in the house. From what I can see, their app. is better than most others too. I have just received quotes for the installation (in the £900 to £1000 area), so after a gulp I plan to crack on (The car is in Germany waiting for a ship to UK).
Enyaq 60 Lodge, Arctic Silver. Climate package. Transport package. Towbar prep. Zappi charger with solar panels.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post