Annoying rear wiper

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Mfhphil

Post by Mfhphil »

Does anyone know if it’s possible to stop the rear wiper from working automatically whenever the front wipers are being used. I don’t mind it working when reverse is selected, but other than that, I’d rather decide when it operates. The sound of the rear wiper on dry glass is really annoying when the fronts are just clearing light drizzle

Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Ditto

I'd like OFF to mean off, one push notch to mean intermittent if front wipers are active, and long push-and-hold (or pull-and-hold, I'm not demanding) to spray and wipe.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

It is, and not. I do not agree it is good implementation, I would also like to have the rear on manual (reverse auto is ok).
Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

I seem to recall there are some options with the wiper settings in the infotainment screen....?
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D
Pict

Post by Pict »

Enyaq wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:22 pm I seem to recall there are some options with the wiper settings in the infotainment screen....?

You are correct

from the manual

Screen-2023-11-08_18-40-16.jpg

60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
Mfhphil

Post by Mfhphil »

I found the on screen settings a while ago but deactivating the automatic wiping doesn’t make any difference
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Mfhphil wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:23 pm I found the on screen settings a while ago but deactivating the automatic wiping doesn’t make any difference
What!? No! You mean some Skoda software doesn't work as it should!?
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Just watch the video, first few minutes explains the operation.
It is not perfect, I would also like to disable the rear automated function, but seems that is not an option, unless you want to control semi-manually all.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post