Emergency Cable Release

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Greybeardtheunready

Post by Greybeardtheunready »

Does anyone have experience (or knowledge) of the Emergency Cable Release. I was stuck at an InstaVolt charger over 100 miles from home and, after the end of the charge the cable would no release. The InstaVolt charger said charge complete, the car said it was no longer charging, the mobile app agreed, after about 10 minutes the cable would still not release. I tried the 'double unlock' trick, but still no luck so I had to get to the emergency release in the boot and use that. That released the cable - but the user manual says if you have to use this feature you must contact Skoda "immediately" for attention. I've spoken to my local Skoda detail and they say I need to bring it in for inspection, but have no availability for about 6 weeks!

So - Does anyone know if there is any problem I should be aware of? I have successfully run a couple of short charges using a granny cable since this problem and everything seems ok.

Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Are there any warnings displayed?
Does it still operate as normal now? Have you tested it at home yet to see if it functions / releases other cables. At home for example?
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Had an old Ecotricity charger do this once. Turned the car off, waited, then on again, then could unlock. Didn't need to use the emergency manual override, so can't help the OP, but worth trying that first if there's a next time. I think if everything's working normally now and it's not happened since, then my completely uneducated guess would be you can ignore it. But if you think you damaged the sockets or there's a fault with the car's charging, then I'd be more worried.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Greybeardtheunready

Post by Greybeardtheunready »

Thanks for responses...
@Bacon - Yep everything seems perfectly OK - I can charge with Granny Cable and with normal cable. No warnings - car seems happy, and the Mobile App 'Inspect' reports Vehicle Health All Good.
@DazAutomatic Definitely no damage to sockets or problems charging.

Bottom line is everything is fine so I'm taking no further action. Anything goes wrong later I'll report back here.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Yes if you look inside boot there is a perforated rectangle pop it through and you will see a yellow cable , pull it and it will release.

However try pressing unlock a few times or disabling charge in infotainment or app before
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Sorry I seen you used the emergency release, I had to do it a few weeks in from purchase, unsure why you need to make them aware. I’m sure if any issues it would pop up on diagnostic at service
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

As a general point of reference for anyone in future (on any EV).

If your having trouble unlocking the cable, get hold of the plug and push it into the socket, and support the weight of the cable itself, then use the unlock button on the fob.

Its possible for a heavy cable pulling on the port at the right angle to "grab" onto the locking pin, and stop the release motor from working. Pushing it in and taking the weight off can allow it to be released and it'll come out.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Dextersmum

Post by Dextersmum »

Currently got our cable stuck whilst at home! Will have started a wee too up charge and if that doesn’t work then I’ll search for the emergency cable release button…. Our dealership are rotten… got the money then not interested!
Dextersmum

Post by Dextersmum »

So..we can’t find an emergency cable release in our enyaq!
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

Have you found the perforated area in the interior boot trim on the right?

(Page 202 in the manual)

IMG_0888.png

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post