iV60 range vs iV80 range.... what do we think / know at this stage?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi there,

Any thoughts though on what difference in range people might expect between the iV80 and the iV60? Probably a bit speculative at the moment given hardly anyone has either of these yet !!!

I know the WLTP figures are overly ambitious..... how realistic would we expect the figures on "EV Database" to be, though.... :?:

Cheers!
Last edited by Goaty on Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Superfind

Post by Superfind »

I went for the 60 for two reasons.
First it suits my driving requirements. I rarely do more than 50 miles in a day and only very occasionally drive over 200 miles in one trip.
Secondly it qualifies for the government grant which makes a big difference to the price.

We'd all love an electric car that could do 500 miles on a charge but for most people, who will be plugging their vehicle into a home charger every night, 200 miles will be more than adequate.
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Well after about a month of driving - it is a bit optimistic on range for sure. The heatpump aircon uses about 5km each time, and the regular commute is about 17Km (50-80km limit roads)...which usually knocks off 20-25km and I use the regen (D mode but use paddles to trigger it)...have yet to go on a 150km trip to the cottage, so will report back after that...I am hoping a longer steady cruise is way more efficient.
MJA

Post by MJA »

I'm new to both the forum and electic cars. I'm considering both the IV60 and IV80 but since this will be our family car and we will be leasing through my wife's employer it is hard to overlook the £100/pcm saving of the IV60.

I would prefer the IV80 for the extra range but am most likely going to try the IV60.

The IV60 will suit most of my driving since we are unlikely to drive more than 100 miles per day. However 4x per year we do a 300 mile road trip, each way, with a fully loaded car. I am concerned IV60 will mean we're having to charge more than I'd like but at the moment I do not understand how quick charging can be. My other concern is what happens if the charger I am heading for on my journey is in use/out of action but I suppose you've got to experience it see whether that is real issue or not.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Bear in mind there are other differences between the 60 and 80 other than the battery size. Motor is more powerful, but this pretty much just compensated for the extra weight of the battery.

80 gets some packages as standard:
Chrome Package
Drive Package Basic (drive modes, regen paddles, heated steering wheel)
Parking Package Basic (rear camera, front and rear parking sensors)

Sportline 80 adds quite a few more such as matrix headlights, sports suspension, convenience package and climate package

So if you’re adding quite a few optional packages to a 60, there may be a case for moving to an 80. Not always, but it’s worth including in your thinking.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

@MJA - your general use of 100 miles or less will suit the 60, as long as you can charge overnight easily enough.
300 mile trips would require a recharge somewhere on the journey anyway, irrespective of driving a 60 or 80.

The 80 is disproportionately expensive (my opinion) for the extra ~ 60 miles it gives (plus the extras RichR mentioned above) but it definitely gives me peace of mind.

I originally ordered a high spec 60 but constantly had a nagging thought at the back of mind about sacrificing range in exchange for niceties like electric leather seats, 360 degree cameras, fancy headlights etc.

I cancelled and went with a lower spec 80 for the same price as a near top spec 60.

Proving to myself that I can get over 250 miles in cold weather, on the motorway, I’m glad I went for the 80. The basic Loft interior is very comfortable and well finished.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post