A quick newbie question - APP

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Jmiller123

Post by Jmiller123 »

Morning. We collected our Sportline two weeks ago and have been very impressed with it so far.

A question on the App. We charged last night to 80%, and the App states 130 miles.

Does this 130 miles come from the 'style' of driving you last did in the car? I know from our previous E Class that if you cruised on the motorway, the fuel gauge showed circa 30% more due to the style of the last journey.

I'm just hoping this is the same. Thanks

Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

Hi,
In theory yes, range predictions can go up and down based on previous driving records and other factors, but is it an 80 Sportline? If that's correct, a 130-mile range at 80% seems abnormal disregarding driving style and other conditions.
EVSJ

Post by EVSJ »

Bear in mind there is a bug with the app still. The app regularly shows lower range than expected because it is incorrectly converting from what it thinks is a range in km from the car. In this instance 130 miles converted would be ~209 miles. Seems to correct itself once you've started the car after charging.
IV80 ordered 31/03/22. Estimated 13 month wait. Build week 10 '23.
Jmiller123

Post by Jmiller123 »

Thanks. Yes, an 80 Sportline and before at 80%, we see about 210-220 miles.

And thanks, EVSJ, that might explain the anomaly, as the 130 would correlate to the 210 we usually see.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Just multiply by 1.6 to get correct number if it has done this. Sometimes it doesn’t get it wrong to complicate matters.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ mine did the same the other day after having had an ME2 to ME3 update last week. Because I’d read about this issue here when it first arose, I knew it would be the app conversion issue. The car itself showed the correct predicted range.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
KBEE

Post by KBEE »

Just to add to others - for an 80 Sportline, you should expect a little over 200 miles range on an 80% charge. That’s with a good amount of motorway driving included.

I was getting more like 240+ miles of range at 80% during July / August - the cold weather definitely makes a difference!

It probably needs to calibrate the range estimator a bit more.
Ordered 10th Feb 2022:

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
Energy Blue
Climate Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Family Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Delivered 26th July 2023!
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

We are still having a remarkable 250-260mi range at 80% SoC. Sportline with heat pump, more or less 1/3 urban + 1/3 extra-urban roads& fast highways segments + 1/3 motorways, frequent use of Air Con/heated steering wheels and occasional use of heated seats, 2-3 pax usually with not much load. I'm surprised, not incredibly lower than in Summer and I wasn't expecting that much before buying it.
Adding it because I think it's a sort of sweet spot for the car, a best-case scenario in Winter in the UK, and I totally see the 200mi range, it's what I'd expect with a more intensive use of motorways, heavier load and lower temp by projecting the levels of consumption. Probably between 200 and 260 is what you can expect until Spring, in most cases, depending on weather conditions, traffic conditions, route, etc.
To be honest, I'd factor in a shorter range due to inefficient thermal management, i.e. software flaws and missing software features, but that in case of much lower temperatures + other conditions, but that's probably more common for Enyaq drivers in other countries in Europe than in the UK.
KBEE wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:17 pm Just to add to others - for an 80 Sportline, you should expect a little over 200 miles range on an 80% charge. That’s with a good amount of motorway driving included.

I was getting more like 240+ miles of range at 80% during July / August - the cold weather definitely makes a difference!

It probably needs to calibrate the range estimator a bit more.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post