Delivery delay

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Superfind

Post by Superfind »

I have a personal lease through Bridle Group and the original delivery date was 1st September.
I've just been advised the new date (which is not garunteed) is the 22nd of October.
Reason given was the global microchip shortage.

Nick

Post by Nick »

Mine is delayed due to waiting for a conductor, which I assume means semi-conductor. I read the other day that there were I think 30,000 Skoda’s built but awaiting final parts, some stored at an airport, at end June. Skoda 2 week holiday starts beginning of August. I’m just hoping I hear some good news in July, but think I might just need some patience this year! The Enyaq looks amazing so will be great when it finally arrives
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Not sure where our dealer got the information (could be BS!) but he seemed to suggest at the moment they are looking at a 17 week delivery lead time - but this seems a bit optimistic now! And he seemed to suggest he'd seen something to say the chip shortage should be easing/over the hump soon but no idea on the impact of this on any production backlog. They also made us sign something to say they can't provide a delivery date and any date they do provide is subject to move and they can't be held to it. I was a probably more surprised that it is not just general T&C's already to cover their backsides regardless of the chip shortage TBH.

Can probably get more reliable info off Google as usual!

EDIT: As if by magic - https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 021-07-22/

Wonder if Audi are getting priority on all the chips, maybe should have got a ID.4 ;) :lol:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post