Is anyone's octopus energy app not scheduling any more

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
General_Apathy

Post by General_Apathy »

I'm on Octopus Intelligent with an Ohme charger so the smart charging is done through the Ohme app rather than through IO. Plugged the car in last night, got sent the smart charging schedule but then, nothing. The car charged for the first few mins after plugging in as per usual but then nothing. No error messages etc.

I'm an Apple user and the MySkoda app is still version 6.2.1with no update pending. I've not had any emails about T&Cs etc. but unless last night was a blip it looks like something might be wrong between Skoda and IO?
iV80 Suite with Clever pack, Transport and Sun Roof. Ordered Apr'23.

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

When on OI the octopus app is supposed to set the schedule and tell either the car or the charger to switch on and off. The Ohme should not have any scheduling set?

Personally I have my Ohme in dumb mode, I never touch it or its menus. OI tells the car to switch on and off charging, which is better as I just plug in then immediately pause the charge in the car on the charge screen so that no charging happens during peak time whilst OI notices car is now plugged in and itself pauses the charge.
I only have an issue if the Skoda server goes offline. If car is already charging and it goes off then charge continues until the limit set in car. If it goes off before charging starts or in a pause between slots then no or no further charging happens.

If it is essential to charge for a trip next day you can use preferred charging times set up in car for home location. Easy to do and it overrides OI schedules. Just don’t do it all the time as OI has to control charging regularly to keep on the tariff.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
General_Apathy

Post by General_Apathy »

Ken3966 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:57 am When on OI the octopus app is supposed to set the schedule and tell either the car or the charger to switch on and off. The Ohme should not have any scheduling set?

Personally I have my Ohme in dumb mode, I never touch it or its menus. OI tells the car to switch on and off charging, which is better as I just plug in then immediately pause the charge in the car on the charge screen so that no charging happens during peak time whilst OI notices car is now plugged in and itself pauses the charge.
I only have an issue if the Skoda server goes offline. If car is already charging and it goes off then charge continues until the limit set in car. If it goes off before charging starts or in a pause between slots then no or no further charging happens.

If it is essential to charge for a trip next day you can use preferred charging times set up in car for home location. Easy to do and it overrides OI schedules. Just don’t do it all the time as OI has to control charging regularly to keep on the tariff.
If you integrate IO with the Ohme charger and not the car then IO schedules are disabled in the IO app and it's all done through Ohme. This has worked seamlessly for me up until last night, so I'm wondering whether it was a coincidental blip or if any one else with the same setup also has had issues?
iV80 Suite with Clever pack, Transport and Sun Roof. Ordered Apr'23.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post