Is anyone's octopus energy app not scheduling any more

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Mralanb

Post by Mralanb »

Just wondering mine has not done for the last 2 days October/November worked well.

Dad

Post by Dad »

Mines ok.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
orrery

Post by orrery »

Mine behaves erratically. Sometimes it is fine, other times it just ignores the fact that I've plugged the car in.
Last night I got the notifications* of multiple time slots scheduled, deleted the notifications and went to the app - where there was only 00.00 to 00.30 scheduled. Somehow it sorted itself out overnight.

* I always seem to get two identical notifications ?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Mine ‘reschedules’-sometimes repeatedly-almost every time I use it. I’ve concluded-probably incorrectly-that it is subject to revision right up to the point of charging because the forecast load on the grid is variable.

Add to this that there is input from Ohme, the car, and Skoda (via app)-in addition to Octopus-makes a huge number of variables in the charging pie! For instance I frequently get an unattributed window (on phone) saying, ‘We were unable to control your device.’ Eh? Which device? Who is we? And does it matter in view of the fact that the car has successfully charged to 80% (or near) within the agreed schedule at the correct tariff?

It does add an element of uncertainty to the charging process and I have been known to check in the small hours the Octopus app (devices) energy supplied in the last twelve hours just to make sure all is going as planned…

For me the easiest, most reliable way of charging is to focus solely on the Octopus app although I do appreciate that the Ohme app is very clever!

Fossilnot
Ric

Post by Ric »

Mine doesn't alway set a charging plan (zappi). I asked Octopus a few questions - here's the thread.

I'm on Intelligent Octopus, have a zappi charger and a Skoda Enyaq EV. With the zappi set to 'fast', internet checked 'on', access point 'on' , smart charging on the app 'on', I plug it in and only 30% of the time does it set a charging plan. The car charges and, as no charging plan has been set, just continues to charge until the set 80% limit is reached.

Three questions:

1.    how can I get it to set a charging plan?

2.    what rate am I being charged when no charging plan has been set (I have not asked it to 'bump charge')?

3.    should I simply set the car system to charge between 1am and 5am, switch off smart charging on the app and not bother about a set plan?

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your Intelligent Octopus tariff and your charging setup with the zappi charger and Skoda Enyaq EV. I'll be happy to assist you with your questions.

To ensure that a charging plan is set consistently, please make sure that your zappi charger is connected to the internet and that the access point is turned on. Additionally, ensure that the smart charging feature is enabled on the zappi app. If you continue to experience issues, please let us know, and we'll investigate further.

When no charging plan has been set, for any charging for the period of 23:30 - 05:30 you will be charged at the off peak rate of 7.5p / kWh and for any charging outside of these hours you will be charged the day rate of 30.25p / kWh.

Setting your car system to charge between 23:30 - 05:30 and disabling smart charging on the app is a viable option if you prefer a fixed charging schedule. This way, you can take advantage of the cheaper off-peak rates during those hours. However, if you would like to continue using the zappi charger and smart charging features, please ensure that the settings are configured correctly as mentioned in the first point.
Mralanb

Post by Mralanb »

I have turned everything on and off.

Octopus has not created a Schedule but for only half an hour. Let's hope it sorts itself as per your reply above.
Mralanb

Post by Mralanb »

It's just added another schedule so working again.
anglefire

Post by anglefire »

Mine has never failed since the initial issues I had when the Skoda servers were down. I have even started it, had to go out, so stopped the charge, unplugged and replugged when I got home and it gave me slots to charge up.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Last couple of days mine has failed to get me to my 100% waking up with either a Skoda error or unable to control car or an Octopus error saying the same

This has only happened since the car went in for it's first service and has an update applied. It's a PITA now though as I'm now 10% short for my journey today and would have to bump charge at 30p
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

I've been struggling with the Octopus App over the last 2 weeks but I think it may not be helped by the Skoda App, especially around setting the battery level. It takes up to 10 minutes for the Skoda App to update by charge level. It it's taking this long, which I really can't understand why it should take so long, the Octopus App may be also struggling to get information from the Skoda App???

Just a tought

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post