Winter efficiency?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Got 4.1m/kwh today on a 10mile trip to ikea.

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

dont think i've ever seen 4mi/kwh in 38 thousand miles of driving mine 🤣
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

anglefire wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:07 pm Measuring mine from the car its around 3.1mile /kWh- but using the input energy from the Zappi, its about 2.9kWh. Very mixed driving - did 500miles+ in the first three days last week, so a couple of 100% charges and nearly empty when I got home (One down to yellow tortoise, but no loss of power)
I understand you lose up to about 10% of charge in losses, so. Both you car and Zappi are probably correct.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Aragorn wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:40 pm dont think i've ever seen 4mi/kwh in 38 thousand miles of driving mine 🤣
I have seen 4.4 on gentle 15m trip. In my vRS, mainly in 30 limit or up to 50 at times.
Best long trip was just seeing 4 at the end of a 160 mile trip Leeds to Cambridge on eco, driven carefully, and not exceeding 65 on dual c’way or motorway.
Both in summer with aircon working hard.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Just completed a 35 mile trip in freezing fog across rural Dorset on A & B roads. Speed restricted due to poor visibility, and only used seat and steering wheel heating (both on max for the whole trip), and achieved 4 miles kWh. It makes a significant difference if you avoid using a/c, my car was not frozen up and despite temperature only being 1-2c the windows did not mist up. I was comfortable without the cabin heating on despite the outside temperature being so low. I always drive in eco mode. My 12 month average since software update ME3 is 3.8 kWh - most of my journeys are about 10miles.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Its almost all about speed. My commute is almost all motorway, and the roads are usually clear enough that i'm doing 70 or very close to it for the vast majority of the 45miles. Other folks like the example above, are driving on slow a roads and as a result will get significantly more range. Is it even possible to get above 45mph in Dorset? 🤣

What i absolutely will not compromise on is personal comfort. I'm not going to sit freezing in the car to save less than 25p worth of electricity. It makes driving miserable. I've only ever done that once in the Enyaq, driving to work in the depths of winter, and i'd forgotten to plug the car in. I had 38% battery left to drive a commute that often uses about 30%. Traffic was awful and at one point i was sat there, not moving, with the heater blazing away and i realised i might not actually make it. So i shut the heater off for the last 30mins and arrived at work on 2%. Even with the heated seat and wheel i was freezing. Never again.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

After just a few minutes my steering wheel heating has to turn off as otherwise too hot to hold a few minutes later as it continues to get hotter for some time after turning off?
I can only have the seat heating on 3 for a short time, then down to 1 and within a few minutes that needs to be off as well as otherwise too warm!

Don’t know how some can stand to have them both on full for long periods!
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

I drove 160 miles yesterday at 4-5C on wet roads in the rain and averaged 3.6. However on the shorter journeys with lots of preheat it's sometimes under 3. I'm still pretty happy with this though.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

Ken3966 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:35 pm
anglefire wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:07 pm Measuring mine from the car its around 3.1mile /kWh- but using the input energy from the Zappi, its about 2.9kWh. Very mixed driving - did 500miles+ in the first three days last week, so a couple of 100% charges and nearly empty when I got home (One down to yellow tortoise, but no loss of power)
I understand you lose up to about 10% of charge in losses, so. Both you car and Zappi are probably correct.
The onboard charger is specified to have 95% efficiency and there will be other losses. Recent charges are achieving an efficiency of 85% to 95% based on the recorded mains input to the PodPoint of Third Rock charger and the BMS estimated increase to energy stored in the battery. Over the llast 6500 miles the total miles per input kWh is 4.1 with a long term average for the car shown as 4.5.

Last weekend with a lot of short (average <5 miles) journeys, external temperature around -2°C, heavily loaded and with higher than normal cabin temperature the reported average was 2.9 miles/kWh. With more normal 50 mile trips and the tempreature back above 0°C the average is 3.9 to 4. The congestion on the M25 in the morning gives better consumption!
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
EVSJ

Post by EVSJ »

A bit of unscientific testing from me this week, two identical commutes with nearly identical weather/temperature and similar traffic. Commute is 40 miles of dual carriageway and motorway.

Day 1 - no pre departure heating, averaged 3.1 miles/kWh
Day 2 - pre departure heating (plugged in), averaged 3.8 miles/kWh

Unscientific for sure but the pre heating certainly made a difference. Unsure if it's the battery preheating or just the cabin temp or both. Suspect both as after pre heating the regen bar was fully available whereas half available the day before (both same SoC)
IV80 ordered 31/03/22. Estimated 13 month wait. Build week 10 '23.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post