Good news story - Intelligent charging with Project EV charger

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Just a brief upbeat tale to relieve all the gloom and doom.

I've got a Project EV domestic charger, and I've seen other people here comment on poor experiences with them.
However I've had mine for about 15 months and it has been faultless. I can only speak about what I know.
(Ooh, was that a touch of Wittgenstein's Seventh Proposition, Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen ?)

I've only just attempted the transition to the Intelligent Octopus Go tariff.
First I contacted Project EV (by email) to check if they knew of any compatibility issues with them + IOG + Enyaq.
I got a reply within 90 minutes (!) saying all was good in their experience.
They added 5 specific points for me to check to ensure I didn't have conflicting configurations set in the charger or the car.
I then asked a supplementary question. Another immediate reply came back with further good news.

I've just connected everything and, what do you know, the trial charge worked no problems first time!
Surprised? Yes, I admit I was.

I've yet to see if the charging schedules created by Octopus match what I want but, given the scope for errors in three separate complex systems, and the multiple opportunities for blame-shifting and finger-pointing, you can mark me down as very encouraged and optimistic so far. Which is a big change from my usual gripes, whines and complaints here.

Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

Excellent :)
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

Good to hear :-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post