Car gives cable error if not charging immediately

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
peters_enyaq

Post by peters_enyaq »

Hi
I have just gone onto Octopus Intelligent Go and have a Zappi 2 charger.
Car is Enyaq 60.
Problem is that when I plug in charger cable and Zappi doesn’t start supplying energy immediately it flashes white at socket on car for few seconds then goes red and car displays error message.
If I plug it in and start Fast (immediate) on Zappi then it goes green on indicator light and all is good.
I then have to either stop charge on Zappi or car as obviously want to only charge later during cheap electricity period.
Is this normal?
Car is due software update when it goes for first 2 year service in January.
Present: iv60 Suite Race Blue
On order: Coupe 85X Sportline Plus Race Blue

comment23

Post by comment23 »

I think it’s normal behaviour with any delayed start charge. In my case I have the same red light but in the end the charge does still start when it’s supposed to.
Electric since December 2022
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

yeah i too charged for a while with a timer on the charge point, and yes it went red and complained, but once the charger fired up in the middle of the night the car charged just fine.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, that's normal. It's annoying as the car doesn't properly shut off but it seems that on some chargers (Zappi included), delayed charge isn't signalled in a way the Enyaq (and other MEB based cars like the ID.4) likes.

Possibly it might be fixed in a future firmware update on the Zappi, but it doesn't really cause any issues, so maybe not.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
anglefire

Post by anglefire »

When I first got mine I would try all sorts to cure it - then worked out that it was normal and don't worry about it. As soon as the Zappi starts to charge, it goes away and does it stuff- usually get a allocation of charging slots from Octopus after less than 1kWh (Often 0.3kWh or less) and it stops charging and waits until Octopus triggers the charge later on.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post