Best interior for ease of cleaning with kids

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
jamest

Post by jamest »

We were just looking at a showroom car which had the loft interior, and I'm concerned that the fabric parts might be difficult to clean. Do any of you have any opinions or experience on which interior might be the most practical if you've got kids? All leather?
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I think the Suite interior will be the easiest to clean. The last three cars I've had have all had black leather interiors, which was essential while the kids were small ! Even now when they're teenagers, I still have to contend with muddy football boots or filthy mountain bike gear.

I have to settle for the Loft interior in my Enyaq though which is due in October - and I am a bit concerned how it will look after a while. One good thing though about the Loft cloth interior - I'm hoping it won't get quite as hot as black leather seats in the summer, so 'might' require a bit less A/C power to cool the cabin.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
jamest

Post by jamest »

Thanks @ixxorb. Seems like leather is the way to go, although I'm not looking forward to the hot seats either! It's a shame there isn't a leather option which isn't full of perforations too.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Don't forget that with electric cars you can pre-cool (or pre-heat) the interior before you get in. I do it all the time in my PHEV to make sure the black leather seats are nice and cold in summer, and that the car is ice free before setting off to work in winter.

You can use the phone app to activate it about 15 minutes before you plan to set off (or set a recurring timer so it's done every weekday before you leave for work for example).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post