Ev charger on motability

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Owen2091

Post by Owen2091 »

Has anyone had a ev charger through motability?

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Owen2091 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:58 pm Has anyone had a ev charger through motability?
Yes . I had an Ohme fitted in early 2022. It works very well with my current car.
Ordered 04/01/24 85X Sportline Plus
Currently in a VW ID.3 Tour Pro S
Twisted Enigma

Post by Twisted Enigma »

Yes I had a bp pulse, app was not the best. Car didn’t always charge within schedule and it would overheat in direct sun light. Had it replaced with a Ohme charger and I can’t fault it. Motability arranged the replacement fitting and was fitted at zero cost, as part of the lease agreement. As we moved we needed to get a supply and fuse box into our garage. Was not cheap as required a connection from the internal fuze box to the garage accross the garden and connected in the garage. Also had a separate breaker fitted. Internally the other side of the garage wall from my Ohme charger. Overkill however has it in situ from the bp charger install, so used it.
Owen2091

Post by Owen2091 »

Thank you. We ordered our enyaq 60 edition on the 21st December and had the Ohme survey on the 3rd January and has said about getttjng the Ohme pod charger. Was wondering how long it takes to get it fitted from when you have had your survey showing where you would want it and sending all the different pictures and a video.
Andy1832

Post by Andy1832 »

We had an Easee charger installed last May which we were very happy with and simplicity itself to use was just set to charge between 00.30 and 04.30. and a very user friendly app. it was also useful to charge visitors vehicles on demand with no probs. There were some complications and additional costs due to length of wiring and additional fuse (about £650 cost to Motability) that had to be installed by National Grid (which took 2 visits, 4 men and 2 vans!) However just recently Motability advised that they were changing all their UK chargers to Ohme. Once again the survey claimed that the 6 month old wiring was not up to standard and thus another two visits to upgrade wiring at another c.£650. Compared to the Easee I found the Ohme much less user friendly, however having been on Octopus Go, the system discovered we were eligible to switch to Intelligent Octopus Go which is even better, cheaper and with a much longer off peak period, however although the Octopus App is very good it doesn't always charge what has been promised e.g. ask on the App and the Car to charge to 80% and it usually gives 77% or 78%, trivial I know but just annoying. In addition when our daughter visits with her Vivaro Life we can never get it to charge a decent amount usually at peak rates and takes 4 hours to give her just 30 miles so has to charge again on way home. Incidentally hers is also a Motability vehicle and their Motability Pod Point home charger has not been switched to Ohme. Has anyone else on here had theirs switched?
iV 80 Loft Energy Blue Pan Roof and Drive package basic
XAPBob

Post by XAPBob »

Had a BP pulse and have disabled all the smarts, it’s controlled by a relay through the main contactor.

Also have an ohme that is run off a 13A circuit for Octopus Intelligent…

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post