Does this button work?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

My car is currently at the dealer having the puddlelights replaced. I have been given a 73 Scala as a courtesy car and noticed the RIGHT scrolling wheel on the multi-function steering wheel operates a sub menu. This does not function at all for me in my Yaq. I assumed as it was made for left hand drive, it wouldn’t work?

Does this scrolling button work for you? What does it do?

Here’s a picture of the button I mean in the Scala…

Thanks.

IMG_6495.jpeg

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

It may change from acc to speed limit setting by clicking it down.
Never found any real use for it in a highly specced vRS.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
RichR

Post by RichR »

It did even less on ME2.x :) But yes, now on ME3.x if you have adaptive cruise control, it allows you to switch between the cruise control modes (speed limit, adaptive etc). I think it's an undocumented feature that you can answer an incoming phone call by pressing it (but not hang up).

I had a Scala courtesy car when my Enyaq was in for its two year service. Quite nice car, I don't know why you don't see more of them about. Obviously it's not an EV though :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I think Skoda struggle to sell any ice cars that aren’t a Fabia, Octavia, Karoq and perhaps the Superb. Potential customers just never consider these other models. There have been quite a few intermediate models over the Years which sell very few in uk, may do better in other countries. They foolishly stopped making their best car, the Yeti in 2017. I had 3 of them and loved every one, an updated model of similar style would have made sense. I had a Karoq after the Yeti but I just never really liked its boring style so p/x for Enyaq.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
cailloux44

Post by cailloux44 »

Pushing on that right wheel also switches the statistics view from "Since departure", "Since last charge", "since first day"
Enyaq 80X Sportline - All packs - Black Magic
Ordered August 2021 - Expected delivery July 2022 - Delivered November 2022
RichR

Post by RichR »

Oh yes, I forgot about that. You need ME3.1 or later for that though.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Thanks, it hasn’t ever done anything to be honest but I haven’t tried it while using the ACC. So maybe it does work!

The issue is once you dipped into the world of EV and pre-heated cars with uploads navigation everything else seems so awful. So after handing over my toastie Yaq this morning I was gutted to sit in this car with manual air conditioning system where I could see my breath, not to mention it took around 10 to warm through… I’ll stick with the Yaq 😂
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

RichR wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:00 pm Oh yes, I forgot about that. You need ME3.1 or later for that though.
Mine is on 3.0. The dealership believe it’s actually on 3.2 but I know this isn’t the case because I have a blank space on the rhs when not using navigation (I think this shows as gear selection etc on 3.1+ is that correct?)
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Update; turns out I have a faulty steering wheel! Puddle lights renewed, but now I need to go back for a new steering wheel 😂🤦🏼‍♂️.

Also mentioned that it might not be possible to update from 3.0 to 3.2 and this would be achieved over the air? I was under the impression this was a dealership update? This is a 2021 Yaq. Rich, thoughts?
RichR

Post by RichR »

At the moment as far as we know, dealers aren't able to do 3.0->3.x directly. When they do the update, the whole process is actually carried out whilst connected over the internet to Skoda so they can only do what they're told to do by Skoda. It's only if Skoda know that a certain software version is required on a module that they'll push that version to a given car. Remember that the ME2.x to ME3.x required updated to something like 45 separate computer modules which had to be done in a certain order (and the whole lot rolled back and restarted if any failed). However I would imagine that point updates only update a couple of modules, so are safe to let the car do without supervision. I believe (from the ID.4 forums) that OTA updates between 3.x versions are happening at some point - but Skoda tends to lag behind VW (and Cupra are after Skoda) on MEB updates. It's probably not a high priority as there aren't really any safety fixes (as there were from ME2.x to 3.x), just feature updates. Remember that at no point have VW/Skoda/Audi/Cupra/Ford promised feature updates on MEB platform cars over what the it had when you bought it. Bug fixes and slight tweaks to infotainment applications and map updates we do get OTA fairly often.

Good news on the steering wheel though - mine's been fine for months now after having the fault a lot in 2022. I'm probably not going to bother booking it in just for that (the dealership is some distance from where I live), but maybe if it' going in for something else I'll mention it in good time for them to order in the replacement.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post