85X issues

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Enyaq85x SL

Post by Enyaq85x SL »

Well had my 85X sportline plus for just over 2 weeks as my first ever Yaq and got to say it hasn't been all plain sailing.

I've got a few minor issues annoying me. I don't know if the is just 4.0 software cars or what.

First is the easy entry seat. Drivers only is electric in the SL plus and I don't want the seat to keep moving to let me in and out. But Skoda in their wisdom haven't provided an option to turn it off. The vehicle interior menu doesn't have a seat option. I wouldn't mind if it did the same thing each time but the seat has a mind of it's own.

Next one the speed limit warning. You get beeping and visual on the dash but turning the beeps off only lasts for the journey your on . It's back on next time you use the car. I wouldn't mind but the car keeps saying I'm in a 20 limit when I'm in a 30 so beeping when it shouldn't be.

Then the headlight and windscreen washers. In my last car you could choose how often or when the headlight washers activated. Not in the Yaq so when I need a clean windscreen I've got to wait as the car squirts the headlights first. My screen wash isn't going to last long.

Then there's the fact the lights come on while the car is on the drive anytime someone moves the fob. Yes I can turn of the leaving home setting but that's no good on dark mornings. Why doesn't it just come on when you unlock the car.

Not to mention phone connection issue

If I'm missing something then please help.

I love the driving experience but I'm hating the whole Skoda experience. It was bad enough when you order the car and the brochure and website are crap and you can't even get a spec list. But the owners manual is like it was written by someone who knows nothing about the car and thinks you don't need any info. Then you have features on the car you can't actually control.

RichR

Post by RichR »

You can turn easy entry off - I'm not near my car at the moment so can't remember where the option is. But it's somewhere in the Vehicle Settings menu.
You can turn speed warnings off (at least in the software version I have, ME3.2).
Headlights get washed every 5 squirts (I think) when the lights are on. It's quite a big resevoir - in two and a bit years I've not really had an issue with using screenwash faster than I'd like, and I like a clean windscreen so use it virtually every time I drive the car.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Enyaq85x SL

Post by Enyaq85x SL »

My car is missing the "seats" menu in the "vehicle" menu . Apparently from what I've read Skoda only include that menu option if both fronts seats are electric where only the drivers is on the SL plus.

I'm able to turn speed warning off but it only last for that journey and is back on next time I'm in the car.

My headlights are getting washed every time. Problem is if you suddenly get a dirty windscreen and I activate the wash it does the lights first which delays the screen getting cleaned.

I think the car will be going back to get checked. The first time I plugged it into a 24kw charger ,when the charge ended I couldn't drive it as the 12v battery warning came on and the loss of drive warning. Did it 3 times that day but been OK since.

Too many gremlins at the minute.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Ah, yes I have both electric seats, so maybe that is the case. That's rather annoying.

The headlight washers should only be washed on the first time after the lights are turned on, then every tenth time after that. That's what it says in the manual, and it does appear to be that way on mine, both on the old ME2.6 software and the ME3.2 version I have now. Perhaps because I tend to wash the windscreen not long after setting off, I've got that initial wash out of the way, so the next 9 washes are windscreen only?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
white67

Post by white67 »

Washers are covered so I thought I'd add to other stuff :

"Then there's the fact the lights come on while the car is on the drive anytime someone moves the fob. Yes I can turn of the leaving home setting but that's no good on dark mornings. Why doesn't it just come on when you unlock the car."
Suggest you invest in an RFID pouch for the key - you'll find the car can't see the key when it's hidden this way. And it reduces the possibility of it being nicked.

"Not to mention phone connection issue"
Have you tried the direct USB connection? I have an iPhone (Carplay) which works with the car wifi 99% of the time. On the odd occasion it doesn't I just plug it in. Don't know about Android though.

Hope that helps.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
Enyaq85x SL

Post by Enyaq85x SL »

Thanks but wouldn't even entertain plugging a phone in and to be honest on a new car I shouldn't have to.

I've paired my phone and my wife's phone. If we both get in the car it seems to prefer to default to my wife's phone . So I manually change to my phone. Although the infotainment says my phone is connected ,if my wife flicks through her phone and a tick tock vid auto plays or any other vid the sound comes through on the car.

On my VW I just got rid of this only happened to the phone selected on the car.

But the other day I was taking a call and while I was talking on the car my wife's phone rang and a second call screen appeared on the infotainment as if the car was trying to do both calls at the same time.

I used to have a 2014 ford Kuga and on that you could allocate priority to a specific phone if both people got in the car at once. How come 10 years later Skoda can't manage it.

One thought I had is currently there is only me in the car as user with both phones on that user.

If I create my wife as a seperate user will that effect the phone use based on user selection when we get in the car.
FreelanceSage

Post by FreelanceSage »

We also have a phone issue with the 85x with a phone connected to android auto by Bluetooth. The media streaming and Google maps are fine but sometimes calls don't come through the speakers, the phone and car show the call though and the answer and hang up buttons work. I don't think it is android auto though as even when using the cars phone app this happens. After restarting the phone it seems to fix the issue so unsure if it's phone or car. Phone is Google pixel 8

We are having the same comfort seat issue with it not always going back to the correct stored position. We also don't have the setting to turn that off
RichR

Post by RichR »

You can have two phones connected by Bluetooth at the same time, and one of them by CarPlay/Android Auto as well. If you want to swap which is Carplay connected the easiest way is to tap on the Skoda app icon on the Carplay screen. To swap which phone is used for outgoing calls on Bluetooth you need to do that in the car's menus - though I think it will use whichever one is connected by Carplay by default. Never needed to plug a phone in, wireless Carplay has always worked for my wife's and my phones. If it makes any difference, we've used iPhone 10, 12, 14 and 15 with the Enyaq over the last couple of years.

The only issue we tend to have is that sometimes when I'm in the car on my own it will connect Carplay to my wife's phone when she's in the house, and only switch to mine when I'm off the driveway and out of range. But it's no big deal to either wait, or a couple of taps to reconnect it to my phone. Just disconcerting when you're expecting to hear Judas Priest, and get The Archers Omnibus :D

My only phone gripe is the Qi charger being a bit hit and miss with the newer phones that have a camera bulge so they don't sit flat. But it works most of the time so that'll do for me. If I desperately need to charge my phone I'll plug in a cable.
Phaedra

Post by Phaedra »

Similar issues. 85X with Advanced Pack

Phone signal shows as good, 4 to5 bars but connection is very patchy, lots of dropping out during calls or nor being heard.

Media system :(
Subwoofer not working, very, very quiet makes almost no difference set to -9 or +9

MP3 playback :(
Every time I get in it goes to the same track in the same folder (track name starts with an A)
Never goes back to the track last played.
Have tried 4 different USB sticks and a 1Tb SSD
Tried formating as Fat32, Ex-Fat and NTFS makes no difference
No playlist files on the drives
Drives all worked perfectly in my previous Ateca Xcellence Lux and have tried them in other cars, again they work perfectly and don't jump straight to the track.

Also, the system adds a "log" directory to whatever device is connected, no other car has ever done that.

No manual, I understand it's a new model/software but a lot of the previous manual (can't even download that from Skoda) doesn't apply as new software.

It's version 4 software says my dealer, system Information gives this,

System.jpg

Enyaq85x SL

Post by Enyaq85x SL »

FreelanceSage wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:57 am We also have a phone issue with the 85x with a phone connected to android auto by Bluetooth. The media streaming and Google maps are fine but sometimes calls don't come through the speakers, the phone and car show the call though and the answer and hang up buttons work. I don't think it is android auto though as even when using the cars phone app this happens. After restarting the phone it seems to fix the issue so unsure if it's phone or car. Phone is Google pixel 8

We are having the same comfort seat issue with it not always going back to the correct stored position. We also don't have the setting to turn that off
I had exactly the same phone connection issue funnily enough we have pixel 8 pro. Resetting the phone sorted the issue . Needed to do it a couple of times but seems ok now.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post