Lane assist and interior lights

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
yebaws

Post by yebaws »

I'm new to Enyaq, so just finding out the good and the bad. Three questions that I fear I already know the answer to:

1. Is it possible to turn off lane assist permanently? I turn it off every time I drive, and the next time I start up it is back on again. Floods, narrow roads, inaccurate activation and I can't be indicating all the time It is Fing annoying. My research tells me that it may be possible to do this with by using a OBDeleven dongle to remember settings, but I'd be interested to hear from somebody has done it. Alternative of course is to just block out the camera :roll:

2. Is it possible to turn off the outline on the front ceiling lights? I have found that you can dim them, together with the dash lighting, but they are still distractingly bright and the dash becomes too dim. Again, I could just cover the fing things up.

3. Doesn't seem to be any auto dim of infotainment screen based on light levels. Is this really correct? Even my £60 Chinese phone does this.

Thank you.

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

OBDEleven can indeed change the setting from "always on" to "remember last". I also hated it when i got the car, eventually bought an OBDEleven and 38 thousand miles later its still enabled because actually, its fine. Indicate properly when doing lane changes sorts out that nagging, and the only thing left is the odd backroad where its not sure whats going on.

Never noticed an issue with the ambient lighting or the screen tbh... I'm a "dark mode" guy, and use android auto most of the time, and the screen seems fine.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
yebaws

Post by yebaws »

Aragorn wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:33 pm and the only thing left is the odd backroad where its not sure whats going on.
That unfortunately is almost all of the roads we drive on here. It's got to go if it can.

Had a quick look at ODBEleven website and it looks like you might have to pay an annual subs to get the sort of functionality I need....worth it IYO? Or can you just subscribe until you've changed the settings and then drop back to free?
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Yeah i think you need to buy a pack or something. The dongle on its own will do fault code scans and some basic bits and bobs, if you want the extra functionality its another 50quid or so for the years access. The cost was one reason i didnt immediately jump on it myself.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Jonsson

Post by Jonsson »

I've used the OBDeleven to turn of the absolutely useless lane assist. You have to buy credits to do things with it but it's quite cheep. You have to buy 100 credits and it costs 20 to get rid of the lane assist but there are other things you can do as well. I turned on easy entry and something else. Can't remember. Works very well. Download the app and have a look around. I bought the cheeper version of the dongle. Don't forget that you have to pop the hood to make changes to the car. It's some security thing on VAG cars apparently. Good luck!
yebaws

Post by yebaws »

Jonsson wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:02 pm I've used the OBDeleven to turn of the absolutely useless lane assist. You have to buy credits to do things with it but it's quite cheep.
..but once you've made that change it will be permanent? ie you don't need to keep up the subs?
Jonsson wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:02 pm Download the app and have a look around.
Can I do this for free before I buy a dongle? What's it called?
yebaws

Post by yebaws »

yebaws wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:39 pm Can I do this for free before I buy a dongle? What's it called?
I found it thanks. Looks easier than I thought
Warkman

Post by Warkman »

Find someone near to you who has the OBD11 pro which us not subscription based, the order version. I have that one and its not car specific
Jonsson

Post by Jonsson »

@yebaws: I think it's permanent but if I have to do it again after a software upgrade to the car or something, it's still ok by me. Did it maybe three months ago and so far so good. Just note that you have to pop the hood when you do it. It's some security thing.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post