Power 85x

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Twallis

Post by Twallis »

Despite 2 motors why is 85x similar power to 85.
Is it limited by batter discharge rate?

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Market positioning...

The VRS is the high output model

On the old model they were limited by the motor (APP310), so the 80 could only do 200hp and the 80x did 260. As you can see the front motor adds about 60hp. The old VRS just pushed the rear motor a bit harder (similar to the e-boost mode used on the Cupra)

On the new model, the new 85 rear motor (APP550) can now do 280 on its own. The VRS has 340hp (one imagines still using the same 60hp front motor giving 280+60)

That leaves the 85x stuck in the middle. They have evidently selected to limit its output to 280 (much like an ICE, where you can select 2wd or 4wd with the same engine). Providing the 4wd traction advantages to those who dont want the full VRS performance.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
RichR

Post by RichR »

I'm very likely to replace my Sportline 80 with a Sportline 85x when the time comes- simply because I'm used to 4WD from decades of driving Subarus and other 4WD cars, and whilst I like the RWD Enyaq, there are quite a few times I would feel happier with some drive from the front wheels. Hence I guess they've chosen to reposition the X model as being broadly the same as the RWD model, but with 4WD to improve handling a little. Yes, it's only 80/20 4WD at most, but that's better than 100/0 when you're driving on mud or gravel.

Remember that when the 80X was introduced, there was no vRS in the lineup (and indeed at the time it wasn't clear whether there would be), so the 80X Sportline could be considered the top model in the lineup.

Obviously if my budget will stretch I'd go for the 85 vRS when I get to the end of my PCP, but I'm not sure it will yet. :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Twallis

Post by Twallis »

Thx

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post