Maxx pack or not

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Potent enyaq

Post by Potent enyaq »

Hello,

So I am very close to ordering my enyaq 85 sportline with panoramic and hook.

Now I all off the sudden fear I will regret not getting the maxx pack.

Is the maxx pack worth the money?

Note today I have a superb 2021 iv sportline with every imaginable gear pack etc.

Kind regards :D

wassap

Post by wassap »

Advanced package is an absolute min requirement, maxx is nice if you can afford it. I need to try the massage seats to see if they are a gimmick or not, otherwise the only other must have in the maxx pack is the surround cameras.
EVNewbie

Post by EVNewbie »

I’m awaiting delivery of an 85x with Maxx pack, heat pump, panoramic sunroof, transport pack and partition net screen. Happy to let you know my thoughts when it arrives!
Potent enyaq

Post by Potent enyaq »

Thanks for the reply guys.

Just got back from the dealership.

I ordered black coupe 85 sportline.
Panoramisk
20 inch wheels
Trailer hook

None of the packages like maxx, advanced, winther, transport or whatever.

Hope i wont regret :-p
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Not sure anything in the Maxx pack really bothers me.

Dynamic chassis control just adds things to break and the stock suspension is decent (unlike the Superb thats horrible without DCC).
Park assist is meh, the area cameras maybe handy but i cant say i really miss them from my LEAF, the standard reverse camera is enough.
Power seats are sometimes more annoying than manual ones as they adjust so slowly.

Similarly with Advanced...

Crystal face is pointless
heated windscreen is pointless (remote climate means you just dont need it)
hud hardly matters when the clusters right in your eye line anyway
Sound system upgrade, i dunno, i find the factory sound system perfectly adequate and the Canton seems to have a few complaints.

I dont think i'd spec either.

The new Edition trim is spot on.

My one gripe is i really like the Sportline exterior changes (specifically the color coded door blades and rear bumper, and gloss roof bars), and also really like the black headliner and upper pillar trims, but i prefer the normal seats (and mine has ecosuite leather which you cant get in Sportline)
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

Itdepends on personal preferences and circumstances.

I have had the Area view cameras on 2 cars prior to the Enyaq and bought the Maxx pack in order to have it again. My most common parking spots require manouvering through a tight 90 degree bend avoiding other cars and low walls and the area view is very helpful, particularly as the Enyaq is wider than the previous cars.

I had a HUD on the previous car and find the Enyaq HUD is better and is useful. For me the driver display is below my sight line but the HUD dispaly can be seen while looking at the road ahead.

The heated windscreen has been helpful at times when driving this winter but is not as essential as it was in the ICE cars. My last car was the first in over 20 years to be without a heated windscreen and I really missed it but the remote warm up on the Enyaq means it is not essential when preparing to drive off. By comparison with other cars it does appear to clear the windscreen faster than using the cabin heating alone with the air directed at the windscreen so there seems to be some energy saving.

I would buy it again, but not for the Crystal Face or the Canton sound system. Having had area view for 9 years and a HUD for 5 I really miss them when driving a car which does not have them so these are my priority items from the Maxx pack.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.