20%
Sell the 21" wheels and buy 19" wheels
20%
Use the 21" wheels with summer tyres and buy 19" wheels for winter
60%

Total votes: 10

MK09

Post by MK09 »

The other aspect to this is that from an aesthetics point of view the 21 inch wheels do look the mutt’s nuts, although I appreciate that’s personal taste and the trade off is poorer ride quality and a far higher chance of kerbing them.

I’ve specced them on the Sportline I have on order but that’s through a company scheme where I don’t have to worry about replacement cost. If it was a personal purchase I’d probably think differently.

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

My car came on 19's, i decided it looked crap and bought 20's for it. Feels like a sensible balance and tyre prices didnt feel too ludicrous. Just avoid the main dealer and buy normal tyres rather than any of the ripoff "EV tyres".

I kept the 19's and put winter tyres on them.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

richardp wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:24 am ...Maybe I'm wrong and they are not actually the originals. They are Pirelli Scorpions...
Hope you have your labels wrong, otherwise you have different sizes left to right, instead of back to front!

Your tyres were made weeks 9 & 14 2021, so are likely original, unless the car was built early in the year.

19" tyres should also improve the ride as they'll have bigger sidewalls.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I looked for a vRS that was in stock with the standard 20” wheels. Most had the optional 21” even if no other options fitted.
Ride is excellent

B239BFC7-93AE-41D2-93D8-E3C81B2C24C8.jpeg

Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
richardp

Post by richardp »

MikeJL wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:38 pm
richardp wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:24 am ...Maybe I'm wrong and they are not actually the originals. They are Pirelli Scorpions...
Hope you have your labels wrong, otherwise you have different sizes left to right, instead of back to front!

Your tyres were made weeks 9 & 14 2021, so are likely original, unless the car was built early in the year.

19" tyres should also improve the ride as they'll have bigger sidewalls.
Wow!, yes you're right, and I've double checked the actual car, and the front right and rear right should be swapped. When we bought the car a couple of weeks back, the dealer offered to "polish" the alloys, and obviously they've put the wheels back in the wrong place! Luckily we've not done many miles since then, so will need to get that swapped. Thankyou very much for your attentive eye.

Yes, 21 plate, so should be original wheels then.

The ride has been comfortable enough, but yes with 19" tyres, it might be even more comfortable.
legless

Post by legless »

MK09 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:18 pm The other aspect to this is that from an aesthetics point of view the 21 inch wheels do look the mutt’s nuts, although I appreciate that’s personal taste and the trade off is poorer ride quality and a far higher chance of kerbing them.
Indeed. It already looks like a decent chunk's missing from the sidewall of the front left tyre. Looks like the rim protection beading mostly though.

My wife wouldn't drive my old 80 Sportline with the 21s on it - she was terrified of damaging the wheels. She has no problem with the 20s on my vrS Coupe though - the rims seem so much less exposed.