Enyag 80 2021 3.0 OTA 3.1/3.2 or 3.x will we experience it?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Makima

Post by Makima »

Enyag 80 2021 3.0 OTA 3.1/3.2 or 3.x will we live?
A little is too much, does anyone have any information, every now and then some updates without visible changes, I guess they are already boring themselves.

Stratton

Post by Stratton »

Hi
I recieved this reponse on 26/01/24 from the Uk Skoda Executive Office follwing a complaint. Looks like it might happen but no timeline.

' We are preparing all the necessary details to get the Enyaqs with the ME3.0 software updated to the highest possible software version. We will soon provide details about the timing and method of the software update. We are currently finalizing details and conducting final quality tests. We will wait for approval from the quality test before the final announcement. We understand that this process has been lengthy but as soon as the software update is available for your vehicle, we will let you know.'
Skku

Post by Skku »

' We are preparing all the necessary details to get the Enyaqs with the ME3.0 software updated to the highest possible software version. We will soon provide details about the timing and method of the software update. We are currently finalizing details and conducting final quality tests. We will wait for approval from the quality test before the final announcement. We understand that this process has been lengthy but as soon as the software update is available for your vehicle, we will let you know.' = NO
RichR

Post by RichR »

There are no safety critical or battery reliability updates between 3.0 and 3.7 - hence there's no rush to push it out. Not like the update from 2.x to 3.0, which was a mandatory recall as it implemented quite a few changes (not least to the OTA system and battery charging system). Most of what the 3.x versions add is support for hardware functionality (which may not exist in earlier cars) and cosmetic changes. Yes, there are a couple of nice to have features such as the economy figures on the instrument panel, but it's not essential.

The ME updates can include updating many computer modules (I believe the ME2.6 to ME3.0 update involves updating around 45 separate physical modules, and if any fail, the process has to start from scratch), so it's not as single piece of software that can be rolled out. It has to be tested against every module version that might be out there - and the Enyaq has been out for almost five years now globally, so there can be quite a bit of variation in module hardware and software versions out there. And if during testing they find an incompatibility they have to redo the code to account for that.

It's also worth remembering that Skoda didn't write the software - it's VW's software partner Cariad. They also do the software for various VW, Audi, Seat, Cupra, Porsche and other cars in the group. And Cariad are going through a huge reorganisation at the moment, after various factors have resulted in most of the management being replaced. They made around 2000 people redundant last year in an effort to streamline things. There are apparently huge delays in the new E3 2.0 software (which VW, Skoda, Cupra, Audi etc all need for their 2025 models based on the new hardware platform). You can see that when it comes to the priorities of getting the software that's needed for several brands to launch new models finished versus a minor cosmetic update to something that's working perfectly well might come into it.

As I know, Skoda have never promised software updates that add new functionality to the car above what it had at time of sale. Bug fixes yes, but not new features. The fact that my 2021 Enyaq (supplied with ME2.6) now has ME3.2 and as a result I have some features that it didn't originally have is a bonus, not an expectation. My car has the software to support self parking, but as it doesn't have the side sensors, it's not available. Similarly I can't do assisted overtakes, bidirectional charging or have the buttons for calling Skoda by the interior lights. But those features were never in the description of the car when I ordered, so I'm not bothered that it doesn't do it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bogdann81

Post by Bogdann81 »

The car was first introduced in September 2020 in Prague, while mass production commenced in November 2020! so has less than 4 years on the roads!
What Skoda has done now for their first owners is not acceptable! The improvements on the 2024 cars are way way higher...and they left the first owners in the dust...with not a single plan to improve the previous cars sold!
New improvements being much more powerful motor ..and efficient ...new software and hardware ..that takes the multimedia system to a whole new level! Our cars multimedia system looks and feels from another game ...
an old and very poor game!
How can Skoda treat their first 3 years owners that bought their most expensive car ....and leave us so behind with this model...this will affect the resell value big time...as no one will want this version anymore when new one has
so may improvements! They should have done something to improve a lot this software ...to make it more reliable ..to improve also charging speed...to update multimedia and also introduce preconditioning to the battery for heat pump equipped cars! Maybe even increase power with an update as other brands have done it! Skoda needs to focus also on the previous owners ..and bring their cars more up to date! Otherwise its just shame on how they proceed on this !
Very disappointed at this time!
orrery

Post by orrery »

I had the puddle lights updated yesterday and the dealer did a "body control module" update (22GB apparently).
They said that this was really part of the update to 3.0, and was too big for an OTA.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

... highest possible software version ...
Ah, yes, so that will be version ... ?
What if the highest possible for an ME3.0 vehicle is ME3.0?
This really promises nothing.

I was among those who reckoned that Skoda's software management process is poor, and I made my views clear on that. Whether it is a Skoda employee or a Cariad employee who had the task really doesn't concern me. There are many components in the car that Skoda don't manufacture directly. They assemble. But I still expect them to take control and have responsibility for the overall product they have provided.

I recently had a day in a Skoda ICE while my Enyaq was getting (yes, you've guessed it) the puddle light repaired. And oh, what a step back in time that seemed. Nothing wrong with the car as such, but compared to the Enyaq it was clunky, manual, erratic (maybe that was me!) If EVs had been invented first I couldn't imagine anyone claiming the ICE was a breakthrough. So that day's experience brought my views on software in to focus. Would I like the economy data and odometer on the driver's display? Yes, very much. But I've learned to live without. I also find the other benefits of the Enyaq far outweigh the software deficits in my mind now. Would I buy another one? Perhaps. It would certainly be on my short-list already.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Walter Eagle wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:48 pm … If EVs had been invented first I couldn't imagine anyone claiming the ICE was a breakthrough…
They were! But their range was much less than today’s, so when ICE cars came along they quickly dominated the market.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post