Apple CarPlay won't connect

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

My car went in for a service the other month and following that my car and phone won't connect over Apple CarPlay. I have reset up Apple CarPlay again and it did link but after that point every time it tries to connect now the screen displays a warning,

Sorry, unable to connect your mobile device. Please try again.

Car software version shows as 3.0. Now I'm sure this used to be higher but I can't prove that
The iPhone is on iOS 17.3.1
iPhone Bluetooth shows it is connected to the car and when the phone is in the car changes to driving mode
iPhone CarPlay lists the car

Has anyone come across this issue and know how to resolve it?
iV60 Suite | Energy Blue | Comfort Basic | Family Basic | Climate Plus | Convenience Basic | Drive Sport Basic | Assisted Drive Basic | Parking Plus | 100kW | Tow Bar | Heat Pump | 20” Proteus Wheels.
Ordered 21/7; Collected 21/1/22.

RichR

Post by RichR »

I had that just after my ME2 - ME3 update. I think I deleted the phone from the Infotainment, and deleted the car from the phone and connected from scratch and it has been fine ever since.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Randomly it has just started working with no changes and connects automatically with no user input now so must have been a gremlin in the system somewhere. Does raise the question though regarding what software version my 21 reg Enyaq should be on. Skoda chat don't appear to be able to give me an answer and direct me to ask my dealer but i can never get through. Anyone any idea what the current software version is for a 21 reg Enyaq, if different from future regs?
iV60 Suite | Energy Blue | Comfort Basic | Family Basic | Climate Plus | Convenience Basic | Drive Sport Basic | Assisted Drive Basic | Parking Plus | 100kW | Tow Bar | Heat Pump | 20” Proteus Wheels.
RichR

Post by RichR »

It should be ME3.x. What the x is doesn't really matter. I'm guessing you've had it in for its first service, so if it was supplied with ME2.x then it will have been upgraded at the service time to ME3.0, 3.1 or 3.2 as it's a mandatory update (but can only be done at a dealership, not over the air as it takes many hours).

Yours was build slightly after mine (also ordered in August 2021), so it might have been supplied with ME3.0 anyway. If you had it updated from ME2.x in the last year, it could be 3.1 or 3.2. There are conflicting reports as to when or if Skoda will do updates from ME3.0 to later 3.x series - probably at some point is my bet. There aren't any major safety critical bug fixes, just a few extra features and cosmetic changes after 3.0 (in addition to support for hardware that your car doesn't have). So it's a low priority - and given Cariad (VW's software house) is desperately trying to get the software finished for the 2024/25 cars on the newer platform, they're unlikely to be spending much if any time backporting features to older software versions at the moment.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

RichR wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:54 am It should be ME3.x. What the x is doesn't really matter. I'm guessing you've had it in for its first service, so if it was supplied with ME2.x then it will have been upgraded at the service time to ME3.0, 3.1 or 3.2 as it's a mandatory update (but can only be done at a dealership, not over the air as it takes many hours).

Yours was build slightly after mine (also ordered in August 2021), so it might have been supplied with ME3.0 anyway. If you had it updated from ME2.x in the last year, it could be 3.1 or 3.2. There are conflicting reports as to when or if Skoda will do updates from ME3.0 to later 3.x series - probably at some point is my bet. There aren't any major safety critical bug fixes, just a few extra features and cosmetic changes after 3.0 (in addition to support for hardware that your car doesn't have). So it's a low priority - and given Cariad (VW's software house) is desperately trying to get the software finished for the 2024/25 cars on the newer platform, they're unlikely to be spending much if any time backporting features to older software versions at the moment.
Thank you RichR, i appreciate the reply and that makes sense.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post