Electroverse if you’re an Octopus Intelligent customer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Hi. I did my first test public DC charge on Friday and appear to have been charged full price through the Electroverse app to my credit card. I am on Octopus Intelligent Go for my electricity. Do we get a discount? How is it applied? Does it come through as a credit on your normal billing. (I have both bill acount and credit card as payment options on the Electroverse account) Hopefully someone on here has experience.

Pksk

Post by Pksk »

I only have the DD to my octopus account setup. This is billed monthly. The price shown on the app includes the discount.
IV 60 Suite, Race Blue, 21”, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus. ME 3.0 updated, 125kwh charge upgrade. Hypervolt 2.0, Solar plus Battery.
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Pksk wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:35 am I only have the DD to my octopus account setup. This is billed monthly. The price shown on the app includes the discount.
The standard price for the charger in question was 79p.
That’s exactly what I was charged.
I believed there was an 8% discount for octopus intelligent customers who also have Electroverse.
Panagon

Post by Panagon »

Just remember the price chargers deal out is ludicrous and very variable. For instance some. Companies are charging in the 87p per kWh region while a non Tesla at a Tesla charger can get around 60p. It's worth shopping around
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

My point is Electroverse charged me the exact same price that the charger advertises. I have read intelligent tariff users get discount on all Electroverse charge sessions. Can anyone confirm?
Panagon

Post by Panagon »

While I do use electroverse I have never seen any benefits over and above using a normal credit card.
Pksk

Post by Pksk »

spinna1969 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:13 pm
Pksk wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:35 am I only have the DD to my octopus account setup. This is billed monthly. The price shown on the app includes the discount.
The standard price for the charger in question was 79p.
That’s exactly what I was charged.
I believed there was an 8% discount for octopus intelligent customers who also have Electroverse.
Discount varies by provider/location some have no discount. The app tells you what the discount is so you should check what the Electroverse app tells you for the specific charger. If that doesn’t match what you were charged then speak to Octopus.
IV 60 Suite, Race Blue, 21”, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus. ME 3.0 updated, 125kwh charge upgrade. Hypervolt 2.0, Solar plus Battery.
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

IMG_2519.jpeg

This is what I’m talking about here
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

You should be charged the price shown in the Electroverse app. It a discount is going to be applied then a % ssymble will be shown when you select the charger icon on the map.

Screenshot_20240218-132222.png

. If you expand the details you will be shown the discounts being applied.

Screenshot_20240218-132234.png

. There may be several discounts shown. For example Electroverse customers receive a 5% discount at Ionity chargers. If you are an Intelligent Octopus customer you get an additional 8% on all charging. This means that Ionity charging has 13% discount.

In order to get the additional discount your Octopus and Electroverse accounts need to be linked. I had set up an Electroverse account before I became an Octopus customer so initially did not get the additional 8% when I enrolled the car for IOG. When I querried this with Octopus I was told:

"Currently, when energy accounts are set up after Electroverse accounts, they aren’t put under the same account and we don’t have a process to bring them together yet. We’re working through this at the moment and in the coming months expect to be able to get this sorted." As I had used different email addresses for the 2 accounts I was able to open a new linked Electroverse account using the "Octopus" email address without having to delete the old Electroverse account first, by loging in to the Electroverse app with the Octopus Energy account email address. Once I had done this, a notification popped up referring me to a Magic Link sent to my email address. After following this my Octopus Energy account was linked with my Electroverse account. I did delete the old account once the new Electroverse card arrived. I can see that the two accounts are linked because they have the same account number, although I do not pay for Electroverse charges through the Octopus account.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Thanks for that but the text on the Electroverse site I quoted states discount on ALL charges not selected charges.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post