Electricity tariffs

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Getting a bit ahead of myself, but taken a look at EV energy tariffs, and this one appeals from octopus. 5p/kwh between 12:30 and 4:30 every night. Set the car charging times and we're away on penny/mile. Sure there are other good deals to be had out there. https://octopus.energy/go/
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

Superfind

Post by Superfind »

EDF offer a rate of 4.5p during the night but their daytime rate is over 18p.
What's the Octopus daytime rate?

Capture.JPG

james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Bases it on post code, but for me, 15.59p day rate. And all renewable sources, which is a factor for me. Like to think I'm driving greener in every sense.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

One thing to bear in mind at the moment; I recently switched from British Gas to Octopus, to take advantage of their night time rates.

However - apparently my 2 year old BG Smart Meter / monitor isn’t compatible for Octopus and they don’t know when they’re going to be able to upgrade it. Therefore I’m stuck on Octopus’ standard rate until they can fit a new smart meter - which is 19 point something pence per k/w ! Pretty much the same as BG, so I’m a little annoyed with the “Which Recommended” Octopus Energy at the moment to be honest. I hope they sort it before I get my Enyaq in October- otherwise there was absolutely no point in me switching to them from British Gas.
We’ll see ( their funky, ‘down with the kids’ cool dude emails are getting a bit tiresome and I wish they’d be a bit more corporate and grown up !).

Rant over :-)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Bacarelle

Post by Bacarelle »

I am fortunate enough to have solar panels on my house.
So, if I charge during the day, it is notionally FREE.
I have combined this with the Octopus tariff in case I need
to charge at night.
Do I have all the bases covered ?!?!?!
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Assuming the car timers start working to allow you to benefit from night time charging...
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

iixorb wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:29 pm apparently my 2 year old BG Smart Meter / monitor isn’t compatible for Octopus and they don’t know when they’re going to be able to upgrade it.
Its probably a SMETS1 meter and not the newer SMETS2. There's nothing Octopus can do to make it work, it requires BG to upgrade it to send your readings to the newer central system which all suppliers can access but at the moment it will only work by sending to BG. So technically you can wait for the SMETS1 upgrade, or get Octopus to install a new SMETS2 meter. Send them a message saying you have an EV arriving and need to be on the EV tariff. I've heard this has bumped people up the list in the past - worth a try :) We waited to get our smart meter for exactly this reason, and it took an age for Octopus to start using SMETS2 meters. All their installs are SMETS2 now though AFAIK.

We're on Octopus GO at the moment. Were on Agile but the prices have gone mad recently (expensive), so made the jump. Dont have our Enyaq yet but it was the cheapest tariff regardless, couldn't find anyone else offering 16p day rate, let alone the fact you get 5p at night. We've swapped our hot water to heat from the immersion rather than our biomass as the 5p rate makes it cheaper!

Also if you want to geek out, there is an iOS app called 'Octopus Compare', you can select their various rates and see which one is cheapest for your usage - once you have a smart meter to pull the data from. Octopus actually have a load of variants of the 'GO' product called 'GO Faster' where you can have between 3-5 hrs of cheaper electric and at varying times of evening/early morning with differing rates. Worth having a play about if your car takes longer than 4hrs (5hr rate is 5.5p) or can charge in just 3hrs (4.5p)
Wombleyaq

Post by Wombleyaq »

Dumb SMETS1 meters are being made smart again by DCC:
https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/our-smart-ne ... -adoption/

Looks like they're expecting to be done in 2021.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft
RichR

Post by RichR »

Just had our old SMETS1 EON meter replaced with a SMETS2 one by our new supplier (Neon Reef I think). Took about 20 minutes from the chap entering the house to leaving it.
Once our Enyaq arrives we'll change to a tariff with cheap overnight electricity. No real point with my Outlander, as I rarely charge it for more than an hour at the moment, as most of my trips are just to the shops.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dad

Post by Dad »

Has anyone had any issues with signing up to a low night time EV tariff since the meltdown in the UK energy market?

We were with Igloo energy for both gas and electric. Igloo went bust so we are in the process of being automatically moved to EON but it looks as though they have stopped people moving to their EV tariff.. and because we are not fully moved over to them yet, they won’t talk to us!

Has anyone else found recent EV tariffs?
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post