Replacement/additional key

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
richardp

Post by richardp »

Hello, looking to buy another key (as we only have one). We have convenience pack on 2021 model, therefore is keyless.

They cost a lot from Skoda, we're getting purchase and configure quotes around £350 per key.

Just wondering if anyone has found any aftermarket ones that are worth trying? I've seen various ones that don't specifically mention Enyaq, but "may" work. Obviously, even if they do work, security is an question.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

RichR

Post by RichR »

That sounds about right price wise - there's a lot of electronics going on in the Enyaq keyfob. It has an accurate clock, accelerometer, ultrawideband radio etc. When it's in range of the car and not stationary, the car and fob are constantly sending encrypted messages between themselves to determine the distance of the key from the car. This is to prevent relay spoofing attacks and cloning.

You should have got two keys - maybe ask where they other one is? Or is the car leased, in which case I know leasing companies sometimes like to keep one.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post