PLASTICS DRIVING ME MAD

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Callum4196

Post by Callum4196 »

Looking to see if anyone has this same problem, my car is so creaky all over the dash but mostly from drivers side when going over bumps etc. Even touching the plastics causes them to creack. Is this just the build quality you get with skoda or do I have a Friday car as they say haha. I have a Q4 etron aswell and that dashboard is silent and solid, no noise at all and it costs a few thousand pound less than my enyaq….
Enyaq 80, Sportline Plus, Graphite Grey

Callum4196

Post by Callum4196 »

Also I have had it into dealership to be told “thats just the way it is”
Dad

Post by Dad »

Our car doesn’t squeak!

Have you had it from new? Sometimes squeaks can be the result of accident repairs (recorded or unrecorded).
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
Jonsson

Post by Jonsson »

Ah, yes! That's easily fixed! Here's what you do: go back to the dealership and talk to the same guy but talk in a very low voice. When he leans forward to hear what you're saying you grab ahold of his tie, pull him over the counter and drag him outside. Go back inside and lock the door. Then go talk to the manager because, OF COURSE IT SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THAT! If that doesn't help, try another dealership. Good luck!
Jonsson

Post by Jonsson »

That said, I assume it's under still under warranty.
riki1

Post by riki1 »

The "experts" at the dealer are much worse, than at the factory, so I would not recommend having something disassembled at the dealer because of the slightest sound, because they will make it even worse.
SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Previous 2022 lost creaky exactly as described and pushing on bits flexed a lot.

New 85 edition not a single squeak and no flex anywhere there was before.

I think it’s ‘normal’ for the older cars and design has just been improved.
Callum4196

Post by Callum4196 »

Mines is 2023 model, only 3 months old, going to try another dealership but as riki1 said If they disassemble I think it may make it worse. Still shouldn’t be built like that for the price.
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

2023 car: a bit creaky, yes, but not persistent, only when hitting bumps and potholes. I have never identified the source of the noise but it seems coming from some component around/left of the main screen. I do think it is just the way it is, or the way it was that model.
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

2022 iV60 not a single creak, sounds like I’m lucky 😬

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post