Comparison between my 2021 60 and a 2023 80x Sportline.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Finally got my car back after 3 months waiting on the battery repair.

I've had a 80x Sportline loaner for the last ~6-8 weeks so i was interested to see what differences i'd find getting back into my own car which is the basic 60.

My concerns were that having got used to the 80x performance i would find the 60 lacking, and that i might miss adaptive cruise control as mine doesnt have it.

First thing i actually noticed was the Ecosuite seats are more comfy than the sportline ones, and the side bolster doesnt dig into my leg any more. So that was a nice win.

Performance, its certainly slower, but its also okay, the 60 has enough go and i'm not missing too much accelleration. At low speeds it feels very similar, its more noticable the faster your going. Full throttle at 60mph in the 80x would still accellerate like a rocket to illegal speeds very quickly, the 60 is much more sedate at 60mph+. Granted, i would rather have the 80x performance, but its not bad enough that i'm feeling a desire to change car. I suspect that while it has on paper 80hp more, some chunk of that is absorbed by the additional weight. I also noticed that the 80x was more likely to be battery limited. The 60 almost always has full power available until your down below 20%, however in these colder temps, the 80x was always missing a chunk of "battery bar" once the SoC had gone down a bit, an once your down below 40-50 it could be quite a bit less than full.

I'm still mixed on adaptive cruise. I dont miss it slowing down when i dont want it to, for instance catching a slower car in lane 1, while waiting for a car to finish overtaking before you can move over. With normal cruise you'd often just maintain speed, and move over once they're past. Adaptive will notice the slower moving car from quite a distance, and start slowing down, then harshly accellerate back up to speed when you change lane. I also dont miss it flooring it and trying to undertake people when you move back left (with the setpoint significantly higher than the prevailing traffic speed), only for it to then realise the car is there and jam the brakes on... Following variable speed traffic however its nice to just let adaptive do its thing, and i end up reverting to manual throttle in those situations as constantly adjusting the normal cruise control is too much faff. I also much prefer the seperate stalk. Fiddling with the combo stock on mine isnt as nice as just mashing the big lever on the newer car.

I did miss having the trip details on the main driver display, i really hope they manage to get the software updates sorted and get the car bumped up to 3.2 or 3.5 or whatever version adds that info to the display.

One surprising thing was the efficiency. I've been struggling to get above 3mi/kwh in the 80x. I think my average for the 3000miles was 2.7. The only time i saw above 3 was on a dry sunny day with temperaures over 10c, which isnt very common just yet. This morning on a rainy 5c day, the 60 managed 3.1 without doing anything special. My car also had exactly the same 20" wheels as the 80x so its not even down to the wheels. I guess its a function of carrying the extra weight, and the additional drag from the front motor. It was also noticable in the battery range. On a typical day, i was using about 50% SoC in the 80 for a round trip to work (~90miles). This morning in the 60 i used 26% battery to get to work. So almost as though the bigger battery isnt really giving much extra range at all, due to the decreased efficiency.

Last thing that surprised me, and actually potentially the most annoying difference, was the climate control. I like a warm cabin. In the 80x i typically had it set to 22c, and that was fine, warm, comfortable, consistent. Back in my 60 today, heat set to 22 as before, and after about 10minutes the heater goes "cold". I bumped it up to 23, starts heating again for a bit and about 10-15mins later its cold again. Bumped it up to 24, again, heating comes on, this time i left it to see what would happen, and sure enough it goes cold again (albeit a bit less cold this time) however after another 10minutes or so it comes back on and starts heating again. Having experienced it i now remember that it was indeed doing this last winter too. Its like it reaches the desired cabin temperature, but then instead of maintaining that heat, it backs off to save energy or something. Being quite sensitive to the cold it immediately feels like its blowing cold air at me. I might get a thermometer for the vent to see if i can "see" the temperature change.

Has anyone else compared different models?
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

Dad

Post by Dad »

Thanks, really enjoyed reading that.

Can I ask why the dealer hasn’t upgraded you to 3.2 whilst they had the car for three months. We had ours upgraded in January and they wanted the car overnight.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

My understanding is that its not possible currently to upgrade from 3.0 to the newer versions for whatever reason. It was originally on 2.x, and they upgraded the car to 3.0 in March 2023 at the dealership.

Does your 3.2 version have the trip details?

I wonder if the 3.2/3.5 software will also fix the heater!
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I wonder if the 80x had a heat pump and yours doesn’t? Maybe the HP helps to maintain a fairly consistent temperature of air being blown into the cabin, much the same as in an ICE vehicle. My non HP Enyaq 80 used to dip between warm and cold air. I got around this by closing the dash vents and general only blew air onto the windscreen so I’d not have air blowing directly onto me during the periods that it wasn’t being heated by the PTC elements.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Yeah, i'm not sure if its a feature difference like Heatpump, or if its a software difference. The PTC should be able to ramp down and maintain a lower output, so feels like a software issue. I also felt like it got better between ME2 and ME3.0. But indeed its entirely possible the loaner had a heatpump, i never actually checked under the bonnet.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
fatman

Post by fatman »

nice read .now you got your car back enjoy......
Ordered 8/01/24
Skoda Enyaq 85x Sportline Plus 4x4+Heat Pump Race blue
just now ID3 max
Dad

Post by Dad »

Aragorn wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:58 am My understanding is that its not possible currently to upgrade from 3.0 to the newer versions for whatever reason. It was originally on 2.x, and they upgraded the car to 3.0 in March 2023 at the dealership.

Does your 3.2 version have the trip details?

I wonder if the 3.2/3.5 software will also fix the heater!
Our car went for its first 2 year service in December and frustratingly they didn’t do the v3.2 upgrade because they said they needed to book that separately as they needed the car overnight. Anyway it went back to the dealer in January for its sleepover and was upgraded straight from v2x to v3.2. Yes I believe it has the trip details.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Dad

Post by Dad »

IMG_7682.jpeg

IMG_7681.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post