Is there a dog in car setting on security ?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
newby Ian

Post by newby Ian »

I wonder if , like my Volvo there’s a setting which lets me lock the car but turns off the internal sensors? If there is where is it on the systems and how do I find it please ?

Ok you’d be very unwise to try to get in whilst my dog is in residence ( and the blood should wipe off the leather seats )but still be useful to know how /if it can be done .

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

its in the cars handbook

seems you can either do it from the infotainment screen, or by "double locking" the car.

Settings
The following functions of the alarm system can be deactivated at the same time:

Interior monitoring

Towing protection

Deactivation will also switch off the SAFE function Central locking.

Deactivation

By double locking within 2 seconds.

Or:

In the Infotainment system, in the menu: Outside

By moving your finger sideways, choose the screen with the menu item Central locking .

Select Central locking and deactivate the interior monitoring by moving the slider to the left.

The deactivated functions are reactivated after the vehicle is unlocked and locked again.

Deactivation is to be carried out if the vehicle is, for example, towed or transported.
After switching off the ignition, a menu is displayed on the Infotainment screen, showing where the interior monitoring can be deactivated.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yep - when you take off your seatbelt and the car shuts down, the Infotainment screen shows its 'Goodbye, Have you remembered to take your phone' message with some switches. One of these is 'Interior Monitoring' - turn that one off, then open the door and get out as normal. I use this often when I leave my dogs in the car. You can leave a window slightly open and have things moving about in the car with this disabled and the alarm won't go off. It'll enable itself automatically when the car is next switched on.

Or as above, you can do it from the keyfob (I tend not to because I usually lock the car by touching the door handle. It's rare for the fob to come out of my pocket).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
newby Ian

Post by newby Ian »

Thank you both so much .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post