Enyaq connectivity

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

greg_s wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:11 pm Is it possible to register the esim for data connectivity with a different provider instead?
I don't think so, but you can link the car to your phones WiFi hotspot and do it that way.

RichR

Post by RichR »

Unlikely. Skoda (well, probably VAG) will have negotiated a contract with one major provider in each country the cars are sold in. SOS functions can use any network by international agreement (like 112 calls)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Thanks for this, i only have 1 reception bar for the e-sim at home. Does anyone happen to know the wifi standard used by the car?

I’m thinking to add a wifi Access Point to the back of the house so the car has good wifi when home
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

HugosDad wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:09 am Does anyone happen to know the wifi standard used by the car?
It can see my N network but not my AC one, so I suspect it is 2.4 GHz only, not 5 GHz. And that's not a range issue, both are strong where my car is parked.
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Helpful, thanks!
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023
MarkSalmon

Post by MarkSalmon »

My Enyaq won’t connect to the internet (it used to ok) so Octopus can’t control charging so as soon as I plug in the car starts to charge and continues until complete. In order to take advantage of the cheap night rate I gave to wait until 1.30 pm to plug in. Skoda Customer Support have tried to help me sort this but to no avail. They have again referred back to “second level tech support” who have failed to resolve it. Has anyone else had the problem? If so how did you sort it out.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

MarkSalmon wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:42 am My Enyaq won’t connect to the internet (it used to ok) so Octopus can’t control charging so as soon as I plug in the car starts to charge and continues until complete. In order to take advantage of the cheap night rate I gave to wait until 1.30 pm to plug in. Skoda Customer Support have tried to help me sort this but to no avail. They have again referred back to “second level tech support” who have failed to resolve it. Has anyone else had the problem? If so how did you sort it out.
Are you absolutely sure that it's not connecting and sending data? My Enyaq often shows no mobile signal in the display when I'm at home, but if I unlock the doors using the key fob from inside the house the MySkoda app will reflect that change. Similarly it will show whether the car is charging.

You don't say whether your are on Octopus Go or Intelligent. I assume the latter. If so try plugging it in after 5pm (Intelligent will only set up a charging schedule after this time). Lock up the car, go into the house and then open up the MySkoda app. If the car is connected you should see that the car is charging in the Battery Range section. You may have to refresh the page. Toggle the switch to turn off the charging here and the status should revert to "Plugged In". Next open the Octopus app and open the devices section. After a few minutes you should see the message "We've mapped tonight's Smart Charge". Again you may have to refresh the page.

I'm sorry if you've tried all this before.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

If you can’t get the scheduled charging to work just set up preferred charging times in the charging menu under location. Then when at home it will only charge at this time, no need to wait up and plug in.
Before you plug the car in just check on the charging screen that charge at preferred time is selected and not charge now. It can revert to charge immediately instead of staying as last time
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Guitar George

Post by Guitar George »

What type of network can the esim connect to? 3g/4g/5g?
I'm interested because each of these have a "shelf life".
In the UK, 3g won't be around for that much longer, which means that the Comms units on your domestic electricity smart meters will have to be swapped.
enyaqPT

Post by enyaqPT »

Guitar George wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:54 pm What type of network can the esim connect to? 3g/4g/5g?
I'm interested because each of these have a "shelf life".
In the UK, 3g won't be around for that much longer, which means that the Comms units on your domestic electricity smart meters will have to be swapped.
LTE connectivity, i.e., 4G.
Race Blue 60 Loft
Convenience Pack Basic, Parking Pack Basic, Assisted Drive Basic
Ordered July 2021

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post