Insurance

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Collecting my enyaq on Friday and was trying to sort insurance. These beasts are so new they don't even feature on the price comparison websites to quote against yet. Guess I'll just be accepting the changed price Sainsbury's offered me.
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

H_uue

Post by H_uue »

The Enyaq does now appear on Confused.com.

And the quotes were excellent. Gives a clue to my age and history that fully comp with Legal cover came to £180. Very pleased with that.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Paid £173 last year, just renewed after shopping around & paid £305. No changes, other than a year older (now 60 & 67). Anyone else had a similar experience?
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

Enyaq not yet due for renewal, but we have just renewed her Polo. Gone up from £100 to £135, a 35% increase in 1 year......... :o
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I’ve just recently renewed my insurance and it’s gone up by over £100 this year no changes to address, occupation or mileage, parked on driveway.
First year of ownership in 2021 I went with ŠKODA directly through the dealership
Last year went with my 4 children on the admiral multi cover this year my premium shot up compared to my children so I’ve left admiral and went back to. Skoda insurance directly and they were cheaper than a broker I sometimes get quotes from also.
Paid £402 never paid that much before in my life and I’ve got decades of no claims discount, no convection or penalty notices.
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

We’re with Admiral on multi cover and you must call them ahead of each renewal date, which I’ve found true with all insurers. They all try to sneak in updates on the renewal documentation and rely on it just rolling over on your credit or debit card.

The phone call has always been very effective with an opening line such as ‘what are you going to do to prevent me launching the DirectLine website?’. The discounts are there but are not given automatically.
IV80 Suite, Race blue, 20” Vega alloys, heat pump, electric tow bar, panoramic sunroof, 125kW, climate/transport packs, ordered July 21, delivered November 21. 1st EV and still loving it.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Tried that ahead of time as I’ve always done still wanted more than ŠKODA directly
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I was with Arriva with previous Karoq top of range Edition model190ps tdi.
Changed policy to Vrs 5th April and annual price went up to £450 from about £360.
Just paid for renewal from 1st July and it’s exactly same premium as back in April.
Strangely Arriva didn’t come up anywhere near the top on comparison sites and the renewal was actually a few pounds less than any of the quoted prices! So just renewed with current provider.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

I got a month and half left on my current insurance and seen lots of news about insurance shooting up more than 10%.

Checked my renewal on comparison sites. My premium gone from £550 to £820 cheapest other than Arriva Zero.

Anyway Arriva is still a £70 uplift from my current (LV).

Anyway took the bullet as otherwise I am worried in 7 weeks time all policies will be £900-£1000. Just ram a policy with Santander and they want £1500. 😂

I haven’t paid £1500 insurance since i was 18yr old
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I had 2 months to go and change of car from Karoq with most powerful engine was under £30.
This was with Aviva. The renewal came through for next year starting 1st July and it was actually only more than any of comparison site quotes by a fiver or so, not worth changing for that so renewed. Strangely Aviva never appeared on any of the sites, although it did last year when I changed to it as the cheapest.
This was a change to the vrs. Cost went up by 28% due to change
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post