Why didn't the make the chrome pack standard

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

It's a FOC add on. Cars always look smarter chrome finishings. Why Skoda didn't make it a standard feature is beyond me.
Due to my impatience I'm collecting a stock model 60kw silver suite, but without the chrome finish, assumed the black rails would look ok against silver. But still, why... :|
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I like the chrome too, but some people are not keen and regard it as ‘bling’ !!!

I think white Enyaq’s with the 21” alloys look better with black lining instead of chrome, but black Enyaq’s look better with chrome (my opinion only). You can only choose on the iV60.

I don’t think it’s possible to chose on the iV80; unless you want the Sportline, chrome is standard and I don’t think you can de-spec it to black.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
jamest

Post by jamest »

When I was ordering my iV60 I could only choose the free chrome add on if I also chose the free 20" wheel add on (the consumer facing configurator doesn't enforce this, but the back-end ordering system apparently does).

I ended up going with 19" tyres for the ride comfort, better fuel economy and cheaper tyres, so had to do without the chrome. White car, so no big deal.

What was even stranger is that apparently on the back-end you can't choose both the HUD and chrome add-on at the same time... which makes no sense. But the person at the dealership said they had double checked with Skoda and they confirmed that to be true.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Superfind

Post by Superfind »

It's definitely a matter of taste.
Personally I think the black looks better than the chrome.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I'd quite like black trim, but as I'm going for an 80 and don't want Sportline suspension, I've got no option. Still, it's not the end of the world, I didn't have any option on any of my previous cars as they've all been second hand :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

I've an Enyaq 60 on order.

When I ordered, both the chrome trim and 20" wheels were £0 so I went for both.

However, I later found I was being charged for chrome.

I believe the dealer was completely innocent of this - what I discovered is as you work down the configurator, the chrome is £0; but then if you add the HUB, the price of the chrome becomes £320. But it doesn't alert you to this, it just adds it to the total. But if you go back in the configurator, you can see it is now £320.

As it happens, I am someone who tends to add up rows of figures to check them, and I caught it before the order had actually gone through.

Then - icing on the cake - after submitting the order, the dealer were told by Skoda that they can't raise the order for 20" wheels if I have the HUB. So I am now on no-chrome and 19" wheels.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
whitwoo

Post by whitwoo »

I was anoyed I couldnt select the Black on the 80. All preference eh :)
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

Note that aside from whether Skoda would allow it through their ordering system. If you ordered the FOC chrome through the configurator, then went on to add the HUD, the chrome feature would become a £320 option, and quietly (without warning) add that to your total.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Due to not being able to have HUD on Loft 80, I've ended up going for a Sportline 80 with all its lovely black trim anyway :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
tonypreece22

Post by tonypreece22 »

I tried ordering my Red Enyaq with 21" wheels and the picture showed black trim, the dealer could not get the order to go through and then found small print saying that the 21" wheels had to come with chrome trim. The wheels and the chrome were a free option but again weird Skoda, why cannot you have black trim with bigger alloys? The red with black trim looked cool. At onetime black trim was more money as it was seen as an upgrade.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post