Why didn't the make the chrome pack standard

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Not everyone wants chrome trim in this day and age moat prefer black me included, my content would be why give black trim as standard but still have a chrome surround on the grill :o
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

RichR

Post by RichR »

I don't even like the chrome grille surround on the 60s - hence I went for a Sportline. No chrome anywhere on the outside of the car other than the Skoda badge on the bonnet :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

RichR wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:41 pm I don't even like the chrome grille surround on the 60s - hence I went for a Sportline. No chrome anywhere on the outside of the car other than the Skoda badge on the bonnet :D
Sadly couldn't afford a 40k+ car to get rid of the grill haha ! I'll pay £130 for the surround and replace it myself when I can be arsed haha.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
RichR

Post by RichR »

OK, it's not the only reason I went for a Sportline. But it was one of them :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Well, I’ll stand here in the corner on my own, flying the flag for a nice little bit of chrome bling !! 🥳

C67CB9F4-F71B-47AE-B1E2-1FF878223938.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

When I ordered mine the Chrome pack was a no cost option. I will admit that I flipped back and forth before settling for the chrome but car looks good with chrome in my eyes. In any case the chrome free option would have left the brightwork around the grille - not quite the impact of the Sportline treatment with the black surround and gloss black around the air intakes. Of course there is no 60 Sportline and I couldn’t justify (didn’t have actually) another £10k for the 80 version.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Another one for the chrome bling team

A01262DB-DD87-4268-8D98-8BE5E7F4E721.jpeg

Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ 🥳
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
GavinT

Post by GavinT »

I wanted the chrome "bling", which would have looked like the Brilliant Silver picture above. However, a month or two after placing the order, Skoda factory said that they could not do the Chrome Pack with the retractable tow bar. Dealer and I could not understand the logic behind this, but feedback from factory was adamant that this combination was not possible. Fortunately the black trim with Brilliant Silver still looks good.

Looking at the picture above posted by Bryanmet, the 'signature' line indicates that the car pictured does have a tow bar, which is not in line with what I had been told. Earlier posters on this topic indicated potential issues when choosing both the Chrome Pack and HUD (which I also have). Either way, no obvious reason why choosing the Chrome Pack would conflict with any other options.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Available options and combinations change every month, this is normal for many new cars. At the time I put together my spec (May 2020), I could have had a Loft interior with a HUD. But by the time I was ready to order (August 2020), the HUD was only available on Suite, EcoSuite and Sportline. So I had a reconfigure, and ended up ordering a Sportline (with HUD). Then in October it became possible to order the HUD on any trim level again.

The manufacturers do it to manage what parts they have in order to maximise buildable orders when there's a shortage of something. So in my situation, I guess they were short of the semiconductors used in the HUD modules, hence reducing (but not completely removing) the number or orders with it. In December I think they removed the Parking Plus option completely for a month, but it's back now - again, probably forecast that they wouldn't have enough parts to fulfil the orders.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post