Why didn't the make the chrome pack standard

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
GavinT

Post by GavinT »

Would be good if they just explained it better to dealers and customers at the time.

On another matter I was given the option to either i) lose electronically controlled child locking and keep original build date; or ii) keep electronically controlled child locking and add 6 months or more to the build date. This example fits with better with RichR's description about the manufacturing parts management than the Chrome Pack simply being incompatible with a tow bar one day, and magically compatible with the tow bar for someone else on another day.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

When I test drove 2 different Enyaqs during last July (2021), the chrome pack was not available in combination with the towbar. But a week later when I drove my 3rd Enyaq (all the same dealer) at end of July the chrome pack magically appeared available with the towbar on their configurator.
I quickly ordered before they changed their minds. My car was supplied with both OK.
So I agree also with RichR's theory.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
RichR

Post by RichR »

In a way it worked out better for me - if they hadn't taken the HUD option away, I would have had a Race Blue 80 Loft with standard headlights. I ended up with an 80 Sportline with a lot more kit due to things like matrix headlights, sport suspension, convenience etc being standard. So the packages I wanted were either included, or cheaper (because I only needed to include the difference between basic and plus). It cost about £500 more than the Loft, and the only things I had to drop to keep it under budget were metallic paint and climate plus (which I now realise I probably wouldn't use that much), yet ended up with a significantly higher spec car.

I did of course spend hours in the Configurator to come up with that spec and the realisation that a lot of Plus packages on a standard 80 can actually cost more than a Sportline - and similarly a lot of Plus packages on a 60 can cost about the same as an 80 with the same packages due to what's included as standard.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
orrery

Post by orrery »

To answer the question in the title - because I don't like chrome.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post