13A mains charging

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I borrowed a 3pin charger cable from my dealership as I was having range anxiety on my first big trip away. They did want to charge £650 which seemed very steep to me. So I borrowed the charger from them for the weekend, but ended up buying a Ohme 3pin charger via my OctopusEnergy Go deal I have for £200. For the trips away and back up in case my Podpoint plays up.
Skoda have linked up with OctopusEnergy.

irichardson42

Post by irichardson42 »

Hi purchased my enyaq, and didn’t want to pay my local Skoda garage price of £650, after reading reviews got a 5mtr type 2 - 13a plug for £139.99 /5mtr from screwfix they also do a 10mtr for £159.99 same brand as argos. Works well an alternative to using home charger / if needed. Good to keep in boot! Fyi
coom80

Post by coom80 »

scratch113 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:24 pm
gavinrobinson35 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:09 pm Just to get this straight, the Enyaq doesn't come with a cable to charge from a 3 pin home wall socket as standard?

Ordered a 60 back in March, and don't remember seeing this as an option so didn't add it :-(
That's my understanding, but someone who has had their car delivered might be able to shed more light on things.

Quite a few after-market ones available though.
Mine didn’t come with a 13A cable. Purchased one from Amazon - other retailers are also available
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable
Alzinho

Post by Alzinho »

I got the Third Rock Energy (10m) one and it's now my main charging source.
Once or twice a week for 6 - 8 hours while I'm working from home. No drama.
Not sure if I'm even going to bother with the 7KW option now!
jamest

Post by jamest »

That Third Rock Energy 10m one looks good.

I've been wondering... I'm going to pick up a granny charger for when I'm staying at a holiday home, so it will get used a handful of times a year probably. For around £200 I can either get a "dumb" charger like the Third Rock Energy one, or a "smart" one like the Ohme with the Octopus discount.

On one hand it seems silly not to get the much more capable Ohme one at half price. But it comes at the cost of complexity (configuring it with my phone, waiting software updates when I occasionally plug it in, needing a phone signal, etc).

The Third Rock Energy one on the other hand has a longer cable and supports lower amp charging, which could be helpful if the sockets get warm, and is just plug and play.

I feel like I've just answered my own question, but what do you guys think?
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
jamest

Post by jamest »

@Alzinho, does the 10m Third Rock Energy charger fit in the compartment under the boot floor on the Enyaq alongside the normal Type 2 cable?
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

I got a 10m 3 pin cable from a company called 3rd Rock, complete with a useful storage bag for 215. Been using it daily for the last month due to delay in getting charger fitted.

Does the job get around 3 kWh through it

Would definitely recommend you buy the longest one you can find, so it stretches to where you need it when travelling
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Just saw the comments above:)

You can fit the third rock cable underneath, it's much less bulky than the type 2 as it's thinner wire. I never travel with the type 2 cable as all the chargepoints seem to have one already connected
David99Timson

Post by David99Timson »

Hello all,

I have a big problem in the fact i cannot have a 7kw fitted at my property as the costs are prohibitive. Can you use a three pin mains charger all the time for use with the Enyaq
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

For me it's been possible so far, while waiting for my installation. I have done 1700 miles with 3 fill ups on the road while travelling and some 13A top ups at destination when staying away.

13A charges at around 8/9 mph, so an overnight charge keeps me with a decent amount of charge and I just need to think ahead if I have a longer journey coming

The only benefit of 7kW will be to get better use of my economy 7 (if it works... See numerous other posts)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post