MySKODA app

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Hi again Perchède, if you fitted your own box you must be electrically savvy. Do you know anything about getting a higher kW rate into the house, please? As you can see from my recent graph post, I'm often at about 10 or 11kW if one of the cars is charging, and my maximum rate (single phase) here is 12kW. I've asked my supplier (EDF) twice now if I can upgrade to 18kW. They say 'yes' but then do nothing. The first time they said 'somebody would ring back' but they never did. The next time I tried I got a text saying 'votre commande 8769232411 est en cours de traitement personnalisé. Je m'engage à vous recontacter au plus tard 29/6/2021'... I've heard nothing since. The thing is I'm not sure if it's worth trying again or not: if I have to go to 3-phase, then will my Hager wallbox still work? I also have 3KW of solar panels, again linked in on a single phase... will this still work if I go 3-phase? I would welcome your advice, please.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I know electric basics and read up of the rest. Single phase is limited to 12 kW as I understand it, three phase would change a lot. my view better to juggle a lot as three phase needs to be balanced. With your Hager It will still work on single phase but you would need to rewire a lot of kit that I think would be very difficult. We are quite alike BTW i have 4.8 kW of solar all to grid at almost 25 Ct/kW
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Thanks for the info, Perchède.... very useful. I feared as much so if EDF don't get back to me I'll leave things as they are. We have a new build (2015/2016) with a small gîte business, so have two kitchens as well as the heated pool (2kW for filtering, plus another 3 kW if it needs heating with the heat pump), not to mention the outside kitchen with a couple of more fridges. If the holidaymakers are cooking breakfast and we're charging a car, I have to turn the pool pump/filter off. I tend to be more relaxed during the day if it's sunny as then I've got some solar power in the mix. I'm selling electricity in theory via the Linky box but in practice I use it all - I've jiggled the main pool functions to run according to solar power availability. But I really need to get the car charging overnight, not so much because it's cheap rate but because nobody will be around cooking things and the pool will be closed, so I don't risk tripping out the power. I look forward to seeing what you find after your Sunday night charging trials.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

One suggestion that I think could cost a bit to install is a separate supply for the gite.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Thanks Perdèche, yes, I considered this too: physically it is do-able but at the moment my house & the gîte share all services, even though they are physically apart. I'm more concerned about the bureaucracy of it - both buildings have the same address. It would be good, though, as a separate single-phase supply to the gîte would mean I could install a second wallbox for the holidaymakers... I don't know how long it'll be before they start coming in EVs: none so far, but most of them come all the way from Belgium (our area is very popular with Belgians & Swiss). It's changeover day and we are getting ready for some people from Hamburg... can't see them arriving in an EV. Even with my Enyaq 80, I don't think I would have the patience nor the pockets deep enough to stop the five times needed at motorway Ionity DC charging points.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

MySkoda is working again for me.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Yes, it's connecting again, but it's giving me false readings: it says 'updated a few seconds ago' but the data is still frozen on the battery charge level & cable lock status of last Friday. I suggest you check the MySkoda values versus the actual car values to see if you have the same problem.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Are you on the latest version of the app? I have version: 4.2.0 built 24 Jun 2021.
I no longer see lock status but some new features.
I found it you can on your vehicle you can swipe up and there are new data to be found in the top right menu.

The charge % is spot on but the aircon settings look odd.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Mine says v4.2.0 build 15 March 2021 (iOS version) - I'll delete it and reload: it's not showing any update being available in the Apple store. If you go on-line to the MySkoda app 'contacts' page, it asks you to choose which app you have - mine is simply 'MySkoda', but when you make an enquiry it says choose which app and one of the choices is 'MySkoda iV' - but I don' see this anywhere as an iOS app.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Just deleted and redownloaded: same build number, same problem. I guess you are using an Android phone?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post