MySKODA app

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
H_uue

Post by H_uue »

RichR wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:59 pm If you're charging from an ac charger, then it's safe to charge to 100%, as it takes long enough that the battery won't get excessively hot and the BMU has time to balance the cells. It's only really if rapid charging (ie more than 20kW) that you should stop at 80%. The Skoda owner's manual is a bit light on this, but it's quite well documented in other makes.
That's helpful. I wonder if the slider description above is for the Apple App. The Android app also seems to have been updated but lost some functionality. I spotted on Wednesday that it had charged beyond 80% (counter to the app). Since then the Android app doesnt seem to have any way of setting charge top end (certainly no sliders!). But Rich post seems to reassure.

Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Agree, thanks RichR, useful tip: I've set my AC charge at 90% and will probably leave it at that unless I know I'm about to set off on a long-haul trip somewhere. I'll only reduce it back to 80% when I'm CCS charging on the motorway.
The timed charge schedules still seem to be a bit complex:
* why is the timer buried under the heading 'location'? No wonder I couldn't find it. It would be more intuitive to have a heading 'charge schedule' and then be able to choose the location within that part of the menu... they've got it the wrong way round.
* the 'Minimum state of charge up to 50%' is also not intuitive...OK, I can see the value of getting home and plugging the car in every night and if it's still above 30%, for example, then it doesn't bother charging on that night, but why do I need it to charge straight away if I've set a timer? And the 'charge-straight-away' menu only goes to 50% max? I don't get it.
It could be a whole lot simpler - two decisions to make:
* scheduled charge ON or OFF (choose)
* charge start time (choose)
There is already a screen for setting max charge, I don't need a separate maximum value when I'm charging via a scheduler. Somebody has overthought all this...
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

The Idea of a recommended Max of 80% is simply because of the it takes a lot longer and uses more electricity to charge from 80% to 100%.
I guess the logic of the timer being under location is because at work you may not bother with timers but at home you may want to charge only when there are reduced rates.
The minimum charge overrides the schedule. from the manual:
"Instant charging up to a certain value
The charging process starts immediately when the state of charge of the high-voltage battery falls below the set value."

If you search the manual for "charging" they give the examples for Home and Work.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

I understand the idea between linking location & charging profile, it's just to me the thought train goes 'I want to charge', followed by 'where am I?' rather than 'where am I? - I want to charge'.
The charging sliders are as clear as mud. I tried to charge using off-peak electricity last night, and for some reason instead of charging at 7kW it dribbled on and off all night at mostly under 3kW and had reached 38% charge by the morning. I had to charge it up manually this morning by cancelling the 'Home' location timer schedule... it let rip at 7kW straight away after that. Why do I need to set a STOP time? - it stops when it reaches the preset battery %, no??
Why can't they make it easier; I have already set my preferred maximum charge on the charging screen: when I plug the car in, it ought to just give me an option: start now or delay till later? ... with a menu for a few ON/OFF timed schedules that can be selected.
For the moment, I am forced to wait up until off-peak rates start and then plug in the car :(
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Nick I was most interested in your comment about the reduced charge of under 3kW as I also had the same problem until I re-plugged the cable. I will recharge on Monday when I have an offer giving 50% odd the tarrif Blue until 1 sept and then Blue - 11% will recheck then.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Yes, strange behaviour. I attach the overnight graph of power consumption starting at midnight. I have a base load of 0.5kW in my house, so anything above that is the Enyaq, which I started charging on the programmed schedule at 11h30 last night. At 7 am this morning it was only at 38% charge, so I switched off the timer preset and it leapt to the usual 7kW charge rate after that. On the driver screen, the green plug ico was showing (= charging) but it was unable to calculate the finish time (just a series of dots displayed for the time). It clearly doesn't work properly. Also at about 7 am the pool filter starts so that takes another 2kW if you're wondering why the graph is above 7.5 kW.

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.17.43.png

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have run a test and the reduced power seems to be down to the charger being left locked. I also had a message on vehicle status saying "Check charging station instructions".
Unlocked the charging station and all was normal I had unticked the timers so I re-ticked them and everything continued normally. On checking the manual it is possible to lock the station after charging has started. I leave the cable wrapped around the locked charger when not in use as it cannot be removed when locked so less weight to cart around.

On Sunday evening I will set it up for charge to check all starts normally at full power. My cheap rates are 03:00 to 08:00 and 13:30 to 16:30. Think I am lucky to be assigned some time in the afternoon. I have a heat pump rated at up to 6kW it also incorporates a electric water heating element rated at 2kW so in the winter I need to be careful not to exceed the newly upgraded 12kW max.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Oh, thanks, Perchède - very useful to know, I'm sure you've found the answer there. On my trial last night the cable was locked. Please let us know... nothing much happening Sunday night so you have the time :)
I had the cable locked as I found that it is possible to start & stop charging via the MySkoda app (to save me going outside at midnight to start the charging manually) but only if you have the cable locked. Great system isn't it? - won't work on the car schedule if locked, won't work from the app if unlocked.
Back to the title of this topic - the MySkoda app - mine stopped connecting last night after I fiddled with the scheduled charge settings... it's still down but it says that it's a server problem (error BFD1A888-4D66-BOC6-7FA..bla-bla-bla and so it goes on... I won't give out the full code in case it's personal to my car). Does anyone else have a problem?
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

My charger, a self installed Schneider EV Link, is not supposed to start to charge if locked so the charge the enyaq was displaying was possibly a false trickle.
The Plan tommorow evening is to unlock the charger and connect the Enyaq as then the cable is locked in Enyaq and safe.

I also have the a problem with the app. My dealer reinstalled the app to add the vehicle, so I tried that and it now says unable to log on but before I reinstalled I think the message was like yours.

Will post charging results Monday morning.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

I've got a Hager single-phase wallbox which was installed when I got a Zoe a few years back. I guess it's the same problem as with your Schneider box... false trickles, as you say. I know the feeling now I've turned 70...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post