MySKODA app

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Does the recent update to the app add anything new for you?
Posts elsewhere indicate new function tabs but I see nothing. I have a 60 and on the charging tab I see less than the previous version.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

No, it looks the same. I asked Skoda about at least having a timer so I can charge off-peak at night - after all, it has a timer to switch on/off the air-con... and they told me the app is very much still a 'work in progress'.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Other than indicating charge status, and allowing to toggle low AC/locking hatch. That's it... The Nissan app used to allow more on my leaf
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Nick123 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:57 pm No, it looks the same. I asked Skoda about at least having a timer so I can charge off-peak at night - after all, it has a timer to switch on/off the air-con... and they told me the app is very much still a 'work in progress'.
I have set the Enyaq to only charge during off peak hours which seems to work. There should be an indication on screens where you can scroll down as it could be missed.
MySkoda then shows that schedules have been set but not what they are.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Hi Perchède, how do you set charging times, please? - I can't see anything on this from the car screen itself... I know some charger callboxes have timers, but mine hasn't.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Settings - Vehicle - charging - locations. I added one called mine Home - tap on it - displays settings - swipe up.
I missed the swipe up as no indication that more than one screenful of settings - set times and don't forget to tick as active
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Thanks, Perdèche: I had not set up a charging location, so now I've put one in I see that I can program in a schedule. But I don't understand the 'Minimum state of charge up to 50%' and the 'Target state of charge up to 100%' slider bars... too complicated for my simple brain. All I want to do is get it to start charging (if plugged in somewhere, don't care where) at 23h30 until it gets back up to 80% battery. Why does it have to be so complicated?
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

If change is below minimum it will charge immediately, I choose 20%, Target is the 80% you normally want.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

OK, I get it.... many thanks.
RichR

Post by RichR »

If you're charging from an ac charger, then it's safe to charge to 100%, as it takes long enough that the battery won't get excessively hot and the BMU has time to balance the cells. It's only really if rapid charging (ie more than 20kW) that you should stop at 80%. The Skoda owner's manual is a bit light on this, but it's quite well documented in other makes.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post