Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Thanks for the confirmation, coom80. I have exactly the same problem - I'm glad that you have made the Skoda dealers aware of it. Unfortunately I have a 'vintage' 2017 Hager wallbox, so no chance of scheduling for off-peak power until the problem is fixed.

jamest

Post by jamest »

I realize that spending money isn't the ideal solution, but just in case you're not aware, you can get an Ohme charger that plugs into an existing Type 2 wall box for £200 if you're with Octopus Energy. That charger also supports syncing with the more advanced EV tariffs such as Octopus Agile, along with the normal scheduling options (disclaimer, I haven't used one myself as my car hasn't arrived yet).
This Type 2 portable cable gives you intelligent charging by upgrading your existing untethered chargepoint.
https://www.ohme-ev.com/shop/ohme-home-cables
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Good to know, thanks James. I'll see if Skoda can fix the problem first - they have to get it working or they will lose customers. Also at £400 I'll hold off from buying this gizmo for the time being- I'm not on Octopus energy and I'm in France: but the Ohme lead will surely work here too.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I documented the problem on a email to my dealer asking for his service staff to verify and report to Skoda.
Out of interest this is also a problem on ID.4 and ID.3 software according to posts on their forums. Increases the chances of a Fix I think.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Jimmy6616

Post by Jimmy6616 »

I’ve also reported to Skoda got a pre defined response with no help as all
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

I've reported it to my dealer, too.
Jimmy6616

Post by Jimmy6616 »

This is the response from Skoda:

I can advise MyŠkoda App currently does not have the option to control charging via Smart Schedules. This option will come with future updates. We are still working in making our services better and there will be a possibility to plan the charging in the exact way as described. However, you should be able to schedule the charging of your vehicle. If you are having issues with setting the charging in your vehicle, please book your vehicle into your local ŠKODA Retailer for investigation.

I hope you find this information useful and thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Thanks for the info, Jimmy6616 - I didn't even bothering mentioning the dreaded MySkoda app to my dealer: I just told him that if you try to set the timer from the Enyaq's screen (having first entered in a charging location to enable 'Smart Schedules'), the charging either cuts out or dribbles in at about 1kWh/h instead of the usual 7kW rate which I normally get from my wallbox.
coom80

Post by coom80 »

I made the mistake of sending a screenshot of the app - to show how much you couldn’t do - and then spent the next 10 emails trying to tell them this wasn’t an app problem.
Fingers crossed. Good news that the VW also has this as they’re probably co-developed.
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Where is the option the these scheduled charges on the car menu? I can't see them for looking....
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post