Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Thanks

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

How far is your Pod from the router in your home ? If when it was connected signal was down at around 1 bar it'll tend to drop out every now and then. Best thing to do is as near as you can get an extender plugged in to boost the signal this should stop your Pod from dropping out periodically.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
hergus

Post by hergus »

Unable to help Amanda unfortunately, but when I was researching chargers I could see that distance from the router might be a problem. That led me to choosing the MyEnergi Zappi. More expensive than many, but it uses a Hub that is connected to the router, and then connects to the Zappi by radio frequency. My connection is solid. So far I have been able to charge off-peak and using energy from my solar panels by ignoring the Enyaq settings and letting the charger do the work. I will be interested to see how it copes with pre heating when the weather calls for it.
Enyaq 60 Lodge, Arctic Silver. Climate package. Transport package. Towbar prep. Zappi charger with solar panels.
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Similarly to Hergus, I knew my WiFi range (also Gigaclear) was weak so I went for the Rolec charger that has its own mobile SIM (also happily the cheapest option I found for a charger.

As with others I have found My skoda charging doesn't work so turned it off. Using the Rolec charging app, I have had a 100% success rate charging on my economy 7 overnight rate
Makima

Post by Makima »

Hello everyone
Please advice, I have problems with turning on the programmed charge on the site, I do everything to charge up to 90% between 22.00 and 06.00 in the morning, it starts great at 22.00 and somewhere later it stops and nothing until the morning until I delete the charge on the site
I'm slowly going crazy
If anyone has a cooked solution, I am very grateful to him
Mario :roll:
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Makima wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:42 am Hello everyone
Please advice, I have problems with turning on the programmed charge on the site, I do everything to charge up to 90% between 22.00 and 06.00 in the morning, it starts great at 22.00 and somewhere later it stops and nothing until the morning until I delete the charge on the site
I'm slowly going crazy
If anyone has a cooked solution, I am very grateful to him
Mario :roll:
Which charger/site? What settings have you set in the Enyaq?
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Wotters

Post by Wotters »

does the timer function work over a midnight period?
for example 22.00-06.00 or should you set, if possible, 22.00-23.59 AND 00.01-06.00
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof
jabyg

Post by jabyg »

I need help, urgently. I recently had a Skoda Enyaq delivered to me and I am having trouble scheduling the car recharge. With the purchase of the car, the dealer gave me the brand's own charger (basic Elli). When I schedule the car charging to start at night, the car seems to start charging but suddenly the charger locks up. The next day I see that the car has charged for 1 hour or 2 at most and the charger finds the lights flashing red, which according to the manual is an error with the relay. Power cut, I plug it back in and the charger works again. And so the 4 days that I have tried to recharge programming it.

Tests I've done. If I don't schedule charging and it starts immediately, the charger doesn't lock up. I have tried to charge another car (Leaf) programming it and it has loaded without problem, the charger has not blocked. So I understand that the problem is the car that somehow blocks the charger, but I don't really know why.

I have read the whole thread and I think that a case like mine has not been discussed, since the problem is that the charger blocks.

Thanks for the help.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I would contact your dealer and also Skoda UK also Elli.
There is something not right with the car charging logic and voltage control. This is seen to cause various behaviours especially with 7KW chargers. Your problem is different however.
One thing you could try is setting a departure time only - This should target your set charge % to be achieved at departure time with start time adjusted accordingly.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
jabyg

Post by jabyg »

Another option (from what I have read in the thread) would be to use a programmer in the Wallbox and stop using the one in the car. As I said, the wallbox that they gave me is the basic model so they do not have any ability to program the charge. What would I need to buy to be able to program it? I know programmers that are included in the electrical panel to control the on and off, but all the ones I am seeing are 16A maximum, which I understand is not enough for the Wallbox (which will charge at 30A). Should I buy something extra? Could someone comment that it is necessary to buy (examples would be great) and how to install it?
Thanks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post