Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

ID.3 & ID.4 have identical hardware software - One post indicates that the problem still exists on the new 0910 software being rolled out to ID.3 First Movers.

The Location function defines a charging location (Identified by Lat/Long and a name e.g. Home) - it has schedule settings / departure time and if reduced charging is to happen here.
If you are not at a defined location then charging is deemed to be immediate. At a location if depends if any of the settings are marked as active.

The design is logical, especially if you have regular charging points such as home and Work.

Edit: It seems that the Enyaq does not behave the same with different chargers - I wonder is there is a protocol bug in the initial communication between the charger and car on plug in.
My Scheider shows this as 30 seconds on communication on plug in where the charger is connected with differed charging active.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Would be interesting to see what other charge brands do with charge rates and Skoda scheduling.

Makes sense as you say if you charge at a work place, I doubt I'll charge at home as where I live atm all charging is free at public rapid chargers. Inwill.however use the precondition feature in the winter time.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

4338AB64-56D2-4EDB-995F-AAED67B8174F.jpeg

Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Morning can anyone let me know if they now have this on the charging screen.
I had scheduled a full 100% charge overnight it didn’t happen even though everything was set up correctly last night.
Awoke this morning and unable to charge.
I needed the car fully charged to go in holiday today to take the worry out of stopping on route.
Have tried the app, turning the screen of and on again still no joy.
App mileage is saying a completely different mileage to what’s on the car screen.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Amanda wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:47 am Morning can anyone let me know if they now have this on the charging screen.
I had scheduled a full 100% charge overnight it didn’t happen even though everything was set up correctly last night.
Awoke this morning and unable to charge.
I needed the car fully charged to go in holiday today to take the worry out of stopping on route.
Have tried the app, turning the screen of and on again still no joy.
App mileage is saying a completely different mileage to what’s on the car screen.
Does the car charge if you just plug it in without scheduled charge on ?

Is it a home charger ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I had the same once - it was OK after leaving it while.
I think it is trying to say that the GPS has not locked onto the number of satellites to enable it to identify your location.
Try selecting the home screen and wait for it to geolocate you before going back to your charging location.

The app frequently shows out of date data.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

It’s a pod point I have, I’ve had various success with using the pod point schedule or the Skoda one. Last night I set it to the Skoda schedule as wanted to guarantee a charge. I’ve have written in previous posts my frustration at it not working correctly.
I’ve now managed to get the location screen back up and running and have unticked the schedule I had set overnight so it’s now doing the rest of the charge ok now at 6kw rate.
Another stress I don’t need in my life.
Car is booked into dealership in a few weeks time has taken 6 weeks to get an appointment to look at the other issue I get intermittently the screen freezing on hot days and unable to use the climate screen.
Having to endure whatever I had the car temperature set to on my 6am commute usually 22degrees when I need the lowest temperature and AC on for my evening commute.
I’m getting very frustrated, but ultimately I enjoy driving the car.
Will see what the dealership gave to say in a few weeks not holding out any hope of resolving my issues with the interface.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Amanda - a previous post says "But the Pod Point app allows me to schedule charges and when it’s done that way, 7kW = 7kW on schedule"
Suggest you deactivate (untick the location) on the Enyaq, remove the Podpoint schedule and just use the pod point app.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Thanks for your prompt response.
I’m now at 94% so phew I can relax going on my trip.
I have had mixed successful charges using just the pod point app, it dosent always work as ive set the schedule have moved my Gigaclear Node(my internet extender) closer to the location of my car and Podpoint charger but that still dosent seem to guarantee a successful charger as pod point informed me my charger was dipping in and out of wifi range, that’s why I’ve been trialing either just the Podpoint or the Skoda scheduler nothing is guaranteed.
Too many elements to configure.
Certainly thought having fibre to fibre the best internet connection available in the uk would help with having this car but hey ho certainly frustrated to say the least.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Think the sure way must be to boost the WiFi signal at the charger location. Hopefully Skoda will fix the charging problems soonish. However one report on the forthcoming 0910 software release says no change but no test conditions disclosed so waiting for more reports (on the ID.3). Have a good holiday.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post