Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
greenmach

Post by greenmach »

Does anyone know how to activate delayed charging? I’m struggling to find anything in the manual but it’s mentioned a few times that it exists just not how to do it!
I’m on a cheaper rate between 2-6am so need this to be working ASAP to save me money!

Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Hi Greenmach, I refer you to the thread entitled 'My Skoda App' just a few topics down, as I'm struggling with the same issue. We are waiting results from Perdeche who's running some tests tonight. Basically, you can't get anywhere without first setting up a location (click on 'location' in the charging section of the menu). Once you've set up a location (e.g. 'Home'), then can you set up a number of scheduled timers and also pre-warm/cool the cabin before you set off at the desired time. But it's not straight-forward: it seems that if you have the car configured to lock the charge cable, it doesn't work... that's what this evening's check is all about, it is thought that you must have it unlocked for the timer to work properly. The whole things is overcomplicated.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Under charging on the left select locations - add one for example Home. Click on it and then Scroll up (easy to miss) set your time and Tick it to make it active.
Make sure you charging station is unlocked, the car lock setting is unimportant I think.

Nick posted while I was typing.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
greenmach

Post by greenmach »

Great thank you, I will give it a go and see how I get on!

I’m usually pretty good at working these things out but the charging system on these Enyaqs is so overly complicated!

Thanks
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

When you've fathomed it out, please let me know:
1. what the 'immediate charge up to 50%' slider bar is supposed to be used for.
2. why there is a separate '% charge up-to' when this has already been configured in the main charging menu.
3. why there is a 'stop charging' time as well as a start time... shouldn't it just keep going until it's got to the % battery charge of your choice?
4. how you configure it when you don't have any particular charging location programmed in.
Our Zoe is so much easier: two questions when you plug it in (if you've set scheduled charging as an option):
1. Do you want charge the car now ? Yes/No.
2. If No, then it asks what start time you want (just click on a preselection if you've already programmed some start times in).
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

From the manual:

"Setting the charging points
By setting the charging points, the departure time and the preferred charging points are also set, e.g. at home or at work.

Select one of the pre-set options for setting the departure time.
In the displayed pre-selection option, you can use the functional surface to set or switch on following menu items:

Departure time
Weekday(s)
Repeat for the selected weekday(s)
Interior cooling / heating
Reduced charging current
Instant charging up to a certain value
The charging process starts immediately when the state of charge of the high-voltage battery falls below the set value.
Charging up to a certain value

Low tariff
Time lapse for low tariff

Automatic unlocking of the charging cable connector

Activate/deactivate the selected preselection option.
The preselection option can be renamed according to the preferred location by tapping the icon .

The charging process is also set in the MyŠKODA application MyŠKODA Application."

---------------------------------------------------------------
The last sentence above is not currently so.

I think If the current location is NOT set it will change according to the settings in charging and if you are in defined location then those settings are used.
To me it is logical that delayed charging is a function of location. If you want it at home and not on the motorway you would have to keep tinkering with the settings.

p.s. I read the online manual while waiting for delivery.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Yes, reading the manual would have probably helped, but to be honest I don't see why I need too take a new training course like this: I've already passed my driving test (I can even operate a car fitted with a clutch and a gearstick). Things should be programmed to be much more intuitive. I get it about the charging being linked to location - a very good idea - but Skoda have decided to bury the charging schedules under the subtitle 'location' - and I see from these forums that I wasn't the only one who couldn't find out how to set a charging schedule... still not sure after my failure the night before last. I think for these car development IT people, it's all a game of how clever they can make it compared to the competition. Don't get me wrong, I love the Enyaq's intuitive regenerative braking - first class - but it's all too easy to get carried away on this IT stuff and its myriad of possibilities. To maximise sales, of course they ought to look at all this complex stuff for the more nerdy types, but also overlay it on a simple 'idiots' control system' which would allow me simply to plug the car in anywhere I want and set a timer for when the charge is to start. Hey, come on out there!! ... somebody please support me! I can't be the only one who wants to simply charge up the car without having an immediate journey planned.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

It looks like I'm alone on this, then (embarrassed grin emoji)
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Delayed charging just set-up. Charging period 13:00 to 16:30 ended 5 mins ago. next period 03:00 to 08:00 tommorow. I am in France and these are my off-peak times.
Unlocked charging station, plugged into Enyaq, very briefly it looked like it was charging but then the green light started to display the rapid green pulsing light which, according to the label inside the charging flap means waiting for timer. charge now at 54%, I set the upper limit to 90% just so I will be still charging when I get up.

Looking good. Result in Morning.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Not sure about you being alone, I have a heavy I.T. background as a functional designer and can lend my hand to enterprise configuration and a bit of programming so my view is probably non-typical.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post