Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
gdallas

Post by gdallas »

ye and that's right, as the entire philosophy behind a scheduled departure is such that when you are ready to drive to your work as an example, then your batteries are warmed and at their most optimal condition for your trip. Driving when they are cold degrades performance. My Tesla has a scheduled departure too. In contrast, when "off-peak is configured", the Skoda shouldn't back calculate the start time from the finish time. It should just kick in exactly when you ask it, and then continue charging for the entire period or stop charging early if the battery reaches the predefined level you've set.

I am not always at my GF's, but if it was my car, this is how I would test it. Clearly requires the car to be driven a lot to deplete the battery in-between tests too.

Test 1 Day 1 - schedule a 4 hour off peak window at 1PM, [8PM-12AM], check for success.
Test 2 Day 2 - schedule a 4 hour off peak window at 1PM [9PM-1AM], check for success.
Test 3 Day 3 - schedule a 4 hour off peak window at 1PM [10PM-2AM], check for success.
Test 4 Day 4 - schedule a 4 hour off peak window at 1PM [10PM-3AM], check for success.

and so on. My hypothesis is that only test 1 will succeed as the other 3 span 2 calendar days. I think this is where the bug lies. i.e. the schedule only works providing its commences, and possibly even completes on the same day. is anyone able to try this?

Tesla narrative below for info.

"It is normal to see increased energy consumption during colder months. To maximise range and efficiency in the cold, take extra steps to keep your battery warm and conserve energy.

Scheduled Departure
To precondition your car around your schedule, set your next departure time using the 'Scheduled Departure' feature on your touchscreen. Tap the Climate Controls settings screen > turn on Preconditioning in settings > select ‘Schedule’ to set a daily time when you want to be ready to drive.

You can conserve significant energy on the road by using Scheduled Departure while plugged in. Once your specified time is set, your car prepares itself by determining the best time to start charging and preconditioning."

Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

Do people get the same problem if using a timed charger, such as the Ohme charging cable as well? I've already got one of those for use with my other car (a Renault Zoe), so if that works as it should on the Enyaq, then I'm not even going to bother trying the delayed charging.

Mind you, I'm usually still up at 0030 anyway for the Octopus Go rates, so my worst case scenario is just having to pop outside to plug in.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

The ohme cable should work fine
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Are these issues all stemming from using the skoda in built charge scheduling ??

Has anyone tried using the home charger to schedule charge Zappi/PodPoimt/BP Pulse etc. Excuses me if already been tried but 17 pages is alot to read.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Issues mainly concern Enyaq scheduled charge especially with 7kW chargers. Someone reported a 3kW charger functioning with the Enyaq schedule.
Some report non Enyaq scheduled charge working others not. Many did not mention charger brand.
My dumb Schneider works fine with a optional deferred charged input connected to a rail mounted digital timeswitch (I could also have used the off-peak connection from the meter.)
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
coom80

Post by coom80 »

Perchede wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:24 am Issues mainly concern Enyaq scheduled charge especially with 7kW chargers. Someone reported a 3kW charger functioning with the Enyaq schedule.
Some report non Enyaq scheduled charge working others not. Many did not mention charger brand.
My dumb Schneider works fine with a optional deferred charged input connected to a rail mounted digital timeswitch (I could also have used the off-peak connection from the meter.)
I was going to say something very similar. My dealership has an 11kW charger and has no issues and I’ve been able to use the vehicle scheduler on a 3kW but on my own charge master and Pod Point chargers it simply doesn’t work. But the Pod Point app allows me to schedule charges and when it’s done that way, 7kW = 7kW on schedule.
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

So if you set a schedule in the car it doesn't appear to pull the full 7kW charge at the schedule duration no matter how its being charged ?

If you use the home charger schedule function all works fine at 7kW ?

If so that a very strange issue to have I would honestly think it would be the opposite way round 🤔

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
coom80

Post by coom80 »

BioHzrd wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:53 pm So if you set a schedule in the car it doesn't appear to pull the full 7kW charge at the schedule duration no matter how its being charged ?

If you use the home charger schedule function all works fine at 7kW ?

If so that a very strange issue to have I would honestly think it would be the opposite way round 🤔
Exactly that. 7kW only when using the Pod Point scheduler and the locations on the car removed. Using the Skoda scheduler it pulls 1.5-3.5kW depending on which way the wind is blowing.
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Plus if no schedule set, charging is at full 7K, also if Location has activation ticks removed. I have left location defined as it is possible I may need to activate reduced charge to avoid exceeding my 12 kW limit in winter with the heat pump (Max 6kw, depending on temperature)
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Definitely seem like a bug in the Skoda scheduling software does the ID range have a similar issue ?

What does the "location" function do ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post