Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

They better sort this as a priority otherwise those of us that have switching to smart tariffs will probably end up losing out overall. I guess I'll plug in at 11pm before bed and accept that the first hour or so, and the ones after 5am will still cost me full unit price
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

peterw

Post by peterw »

Where can I find easy instructions for setting the delayed charging time on my Zappi box?
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I would have tried searching for it.

https://myenergi.com/zappi-support/
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

More tests reveal if cable disconnected and re-connected charging starts at trickle e.g. 5km/hr.
On my charger unticking all charging bands results in 65km/hr.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

I know it doesn't work, but... When I accessed this screen It wasn't very obvious how you even set up a charging window. It just allows me to dial in a 'departure time', but not a start time so to speak...
Last edited by james_scott22 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

You need to swipe-up (twice I think) on the location screen to see the charging times (Start and Finish). The departure settings are independent, that they are on the same screen is confusing.

From the manual:

Select one of the pre-set options for setting the departure time.

In the displayed pre-selection option, you can use the functional surface to set or switch on following menu items:
  • Departure time
    Weekday(s)
    Repeat for the selected weekday(s)
    Interior cooling / heating
    Reduced charging current
    Instant charging up to a certain value
    The charging process starts immediately when the state of charge of the high-voltage battery falls below the set value.
    Charging up to a certain value
    Low tariff
    Time lapse for low tariff
    Automatic unlocking of the charging cable connector.
    Activate/deactivate the selected preselection option.
The preselection option can be renamed according to the preferred location by tapping the icon .

Prerequisites for starting time-delayed charging
  • The vehicle is connected to a charger that supports time-delayed charging.
    Time-delayed charging is activated in the application setting. Set up charging in Infotainment.
Information on the set time-shifted charging

If the departure time is set together with the charging, the charging process starts with a delay so that it is completed on time at the set departure time. If the period of the low tariff is also set, the charging process takes place primarily within this period.
If, after the vehicle has been connected to the charger, the state of charge is lower than the set lower battery charge limit, the high-voltage battery is charged immediately to the set charge limit.
If the scheduled departure time is set so early that the charging process cannot be fully completed, the desired state of charge of the high-voltage battery will not be achieved at the time of departure. The loading speed depends on the infrastructure used and its settings.
If you want to leave earlier than the set departure time, it is possible that the charging process has not yet started or is still taking place.
If possible, the departure time in the infotainment menu or in the application MyŠKODA change before starting your journey MyŠKODA Application.

Or:

The functional surface for the immediate start of the charging process in the infotainment menu or in the application MyŠKODA tap.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

It's a good job Skoda don't make kitchen equipment: I would hate to try to use their egg timer :(
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Emailed my dealer, told him, love the car but have a problem with scheduled charging that I think is a Enyaq software problem. He called back and asked would I bring it in for two hours tommorow (Thursday) and he will get service to document while I shop in a loan car.
Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

Setting the preferred charging hours in the location app, without setting a departure time, seems to work fine.

Was adding a small charge from 70 - 80% (just playing) in those preferred hours for low rate energy and noted that the charge didn't start until well into that time block - therefore think the charger knows when to start to achieve the required percentage within that time window, not just when a departure time is set.

Haven't bothered asking the dealer, they didn't seem that clued up on the system SW.

Bit disappointing that the Skoda app just says 'charging is handled by smart schedules' when above is set, but then in the smart schedules on the app, its temperature control for departure only.

That said, my Volvo XC40 PHEV has absolutely no smart timer control for charging since they took it off the app, so still an improvement
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Did yours start at full power or just a small fraction.?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post