Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

EppaTo wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:49 am
jamest wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:24 am EppaTo, just out of curiosity, what is your stack for extracting and rendering that data?
Maybe overly complex, but had it all already set up for other purposes:

Python skodaconnect
Telegraf
Influxdb
Grafana
Dont suppose the skodaconnect API is documented somewhere? Or you can publish your work? Would be great to have this connected up to ABRP somehow, even if a homebrew automation set up to pull/push the details.

EppaTo

Post by EppaTo »

Xtopher wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:21 pm
EppaTo wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:49 am
jamest wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:24 am EppaTo, just out of curiosity, what is your stack for extracting and rendering that data?
Maybe overly complex, but had it all already set up for other purposes:

Python skodaconnect
Telegraf
Influxdb
Grafana
Dont suppose the skodaconnect API is documented somewhere? Or you can publish your work? Would be great to have this connected up to ABRP somehow, even if a homebrew automation set up to pull/push the details.
I found it here: https://github.com/lendy007/skodaconnect
I'm using the json (vehicle._states) directly though.

There is also a home assistant component here https://github.com/lendy007/homeassistant-skodaconnect

I have my code also generating a csv, I just modified the example from https://github.com/lendy007/skodaconnect
I was thinking i should make it available as an executable and a docker image for those that want to log for themselves
jamest

Post by jamest »

Thanks EppaTo. I haven't used Telegraf, Influxdb or Grafana. It may be an overkill, but they look like good technologies to learn, so I'd be interested in taking a look at anything you decide to share. Have you got it all configured to run in a single docker container then?
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

EppaTo wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:55 pm
I found it here: https://github.com/lendy007/skodaconnect
I'm using the json (vehicle._states) directly though.

There is also a home assistant component here https://github.com/lendy007/homeassistant-skodaconnect

I have my code also generating a csv, I just modified the example from https://github.com/lendy007/skodaconnect
I was thinking i should make it available as an executable and a docker image for those that want to log for themselves
Thanks for the details, I will take a look. Might be a while as my car isn't even schedule to build until week 42 :shock:
EppaTo

Post by EppaTo »

Experiment 1,
Startstate: 76%, Targetstate: 80%, Immediate charge to 50%
Preferred times: 22:00-06:00,
No departure time set.
Charger Capacity: 5.5kW

2021-08-25 09_13_56-Skoda Enyaq - Grafana.png

Summary:
05:30 Started charging at 2.5kW
05:45 Increased charging to 5.5kW
06:00 Ended charging
EndState: 77% (increase of 1%)

Comments:
Not the best possible experiment, as my initial charge was quite high. Will try with a lower initial charge to see if there is a corrolation between charge start time and initial charge.
I'll make an attempt at packaging up the code that produces CSV files, so that others can measure their cars as well
EppaTo

Post by EppaTo »

jamest wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:48 pm Thanks EppaTo. I haven't used Telegraf, Influxdb or Grafana. It may be an overkill, but they look like good technologies to learn, so I'd be interested in taking a look at anything you decide to share. Have you got it all configured to run in a single docker container then?
No, I have separate containers for each component, managed by docker-compose. As this is somewhat off-topic, we can take the discussion onto PM's if you'd like more detail :)
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

The graph clearly shows it tries to calculate the start time to finish. With my 7.4 Kw/h charger it appears to calculate correctly but then only uses 3.5 Kw/g thus failing to achieve target.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

EppaTo wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:22 am
jamest wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:48 pm Thanks EppaTo. I haven't used Telegraf, Influxdb or Grafana. It may be an overkill, but they look like good technologies to learn, so I'd be interested in taking a look at anything you decide to share. Have you got it all configured to run in a single docker container then?
No, I have separate containers for each component, managed by docker-compose. As this is somewhat off-topic, we can take the discussion onto PM's if you'd like more detail :)
You guys should set up a new post with more details of this topic. I'm sure there's plenty of other members here who'd be interested - me included !
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
EppaTo

Post by EppaTo »

Experiment 2,
Startstate: 45%, Targetstate: 80%, Immediate charge to 50%
Preferred times: 22:00-06:00,
No departure time set.
Charger Capacity: 5.5kW

2021-08-30 09_20_53-Skoda Enyaq - Grafana.png

Summary:
22:48: started charging at 3.5kW
23:04: stopped charging, gained 2%
--- pause ---
01:36 Started charging at 5.5kW
03:13 Ended charging, gained 10%
Some dips to 2.5 and 3.5 kW during the charging period
EndState: 57% (increase of 12%)

Comments:
Started charging earlier in the available window than previous experiments
Stopped charging after 10% increase, though long before end of window or charge complete
Did not execute immediate charge to 50%
I don't see "mis-estimating" charge capactity beeing the only issue here, though it may certainly contribute...

From communications with the guys making the python library, it seems there are efforts by one of the devs to create his own scheduler. And certainly the skoda connect api would allow for that (it has sime "start charging" and "stop charging" commands).

While i think a DIY scheduler would be cool, i really think Skoda/VW should fix this....
EppaTo

Post by EppaTo »

Perchede wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:06 am The graph clearly shows it tries to calculate the start time to finish. With my 7.4 Kw/h charger it appears to calculate correctly but then only uses 3.5 Kw/g thus failing to achieve target.
That was one of my original hypothesis, however my other charging runs doesnt really support that theory. It could easily be part of the problem though.
In the latest experiment, it stops charging after having gained only 12 (of 35%), way before the "window closes". If the hypothesis was correct, we would see it start "too late", not "end too early"

I'll make an attempt at setting up two windows back-to-back to see if that makes a difference

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post