Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Nick - I have just noticed the smart schedules are part of IV remote services. My Enyaq does not have a GSM signal here.
That could explain my problem is charging wakeup is pushed from the Skoda Server.
So when you setup your test can you see if you have a good signal.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Change of plans, I'm not going far tomorrow. But I've just started a small test. I don't have decent signal here either, the car is currently showing no connection (vive la France) but since you told me about hooking it up to my home WiFi it seems to be connecting, at least to the MySkoda app.
Bearing in mind the above conditions, I've just set it up to charge from 85% to 90% on a timed schedule starting at 16h25. The auto-release cable toggle is ON.
Results -
16h17 - I set the timer for 16h25 and plug in the cable to my Hager wallbox. The driver's display shows a white plug icon, the main charge display shows it isn't charging; the LED by the car socket flashes quick burst of green (= waiting for timer)... so all looks correct.
The MySkoda app, however, wrongly states that the car is charging on AC at a rate of 6.5kW (49 km/h).
16h25 - everything stays the same except the LED by the car socket stops flashing... no lights of any colour. The app is still giving me the same false info. I get in the car to take a look : white plug icon still in driver's screen, not charging according to main screen.
16h27 - I get out of the car and there is a clunk and the green LED by the car socket starts throbbing green (= charging) in sync with the Hager wallbox LED. I get back in the car: driver's screen shows a flashing green plug icon and says '35 minutes left'. The main screen shows it's charging at 6.5kW (47 km/h). The MySkoda app shows the same old information, but of course this time it's correct.
So, it looks OK so far... I assume that my getting in & out of the car wasn't responsible for it starting and it just takes a couple of minutes of checking before it starts,.
16h44 - the charging stops at 86% without any reason: the LED by the car socket turns off, the driver's screen still shows it's plugged in (white plug icon), but not charging; the main screen shows it's not charging. The MySkoda app says 'Plug is not locked properly'. When I look at the 'locations' menu in 'charging', my 'Home' location (the only location entered) that I added a few days ago has disappeared, and the auto-release for the cable is now saying it's toggled OFF.
In spite of the auto-release being off, the cable pulls out of the car without needing to use the car keys.
16h50 - I give up and pour myself a pastis - the whole thing is as flakey as hell.
Last edited by Nick123 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Addendum to above - I've just driven the car to repark it now I've finished with the charging test, and my 'Home' location has re-appeared in the menu.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Posted details of our scheduled charging problems on Skoda's UK facebook threads.
Will see how they respond.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Is there a way to set timers on the cars?
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Yes there is go to Vehicle settings and create a location when at location you want to charge at e.g. home. scroll up and you can set charging times.
Please post results together with indicated Enyaq GSM signal bars and if you have connected your enyaq to home Wifi.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

I don't understand this technology - are you saying that I can't set a timer to charge the car unless
a. I define a location and the geolocation system has verified that I am where I say I am?
b. I have a GSM phone signal?
The world has gone mad...
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

To add a location there is a button to add current location which it then asks you to name. I presume it stores your lat/long with the name and uses some tolerance.
The car I presume, when a cable is plugged in, knows which (if any) defined location to use and if it is not any will use the main charging settings.

This is functionally logical as delayed charging do really relate to a specific location and for example at a charging station you would always want to charge at once.

The MySkoda app is not so cleaver, at present, and if you at a defined location it will not let you change any charging setting including lock but will if you are not. It would be good that if you are at a defined location it should display it's name and allow those settings to be changed. Hopefully when they expand the Smart Schedules they will attend to this.

I am hoping that the charging /stopping problem is a bug in that does not appear to also work using WiFi. However I know hardly anything about remote IV services.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

I know even less about remote iV services. My car is outside my front door, so not so remote: off-peak power starts at 23h30: I go to bed at about 23h00... all I ask is for the car (if plugged in) to start charging at 23h30. Why do I need satellites and phone masts for that?? I think I can do it using a mechanical timer (you know, the type that plugs in to a standard mains socket and has pins you pull out to set the on/off times) connected to my 3kW granny lead, so I'll use that for the time being.
The granny lead came with the Renault Zoe, I note that Skoda don't supply one with the Enyaq.
Jimmy6616

Post by Jimmy6616 »

Hi all, new to the Enyaq and tried but failed with the ‘location’ setup and timed charge. I set the new location and called it home, set a time to charge between 00:30 and 04:30 for the Octopus go cheaper rate period. I did not set a preferred leave time in the first section. The minimum was set at 20% and charge to 80%. The SOC was at 69% before the , so called, timed charging. Got up today at 05:30 the SOC was still 69% !!

What am I doing wrong, it seemed “Simply Skoda” to setup or was I asking for too much?

Ta

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post