Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

Some wallboxes have the ability to set timer on them using an app or directly from a control panel. Other wallboxes are pretty dumb, simply supplying power when the car asks for it.
It comes down to what type of wallbox you pay to have fitted - something like a PodPoint or Zappi has a lot more features than an old Rolec or Chargemaster for example, but they do cost more. If you've got a simple one, then you'll have to use the car's timers (which are unreliable for some at the moment), or think about buying a new wallbox. There do exist 'smart cables' with timers in line, but I don't know much about them.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I believe an rail digital programmer liked to a 32A relay or Contactor will achieve what you want.
I did find a diagram that includes everything but it does make it look more complicated than it is.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxserp=0
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, switching the supply to the wallbox is another way to do it. Though potentially a lot of hassle if you want to stay within the legalities of what you can and can't do to domestic wiring in the UK. It used to be so much simpler in times past, but now most things require inspection and forms filling in :(

If you're not in the UK, then things are likely different of course :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I don't see any problem with UK regulations - given that conformance would have been checked with the wallbox that overspec the cable for 32A to
10mm when 6mm is adequate. and the norm. adding a 32A contactor and time switch should not be a problem providing there is space in the domestic unit.

If anything regs in France are more restrictive than the UK. France wants a type F RCB which are not easy to locate. Most installers however still use the European norm.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Hi, Had my enyaq for 5 days now. Pre-delivery I saw alot of scheduled charging issues in this thread, however I obviously had to try it for myself. Here is what I did:

-Set my home address as my "Home" location
-Set my charger as a "dumb" charger (Constantly Live)
-Set my "home" schedule as depature time 06:00 / 7 days a week / repeat / Min charge 20% / Max Charge 80% / Preferred charge times 00:30-04:30 (octopus go)
-"Home" was green which I assume means the car knows its at this location

I woke up this morning and no charging at all had taken place.

I have had a successful scheduled charge previously, using the scheduling of the OHME charger and setting the car to stop at 80%, but obviously i'd expect the onboard scheduling to work just as well.

My question would be, has anyone actually acheived a successful scheduled car using the car's onboard scheduling? If so, did your setup differ from mine?
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
jabyg

Post by jabyg »

Perchede wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:33 am I would contact your dealer and also Skoda UK also Elli.
There is something not right with the car charging logic and voltage control. This is seen to cause various behaviours especially with 7KW chargers. Your problem is different however.
One thing you could try is setting a departure time only - This should target your set charge % to be achieved at departure time with start time adjusted accordingly.
Tonight I did the test. I removed the preferred hours and set the departure time at 07:00 so that it would stop at that time. This morning when I woke up again the charger was blocked (with all 4 lights flashing). The car has charged only 6% (went from 43% to 49%) when it was set to reach 80%. So the departure time has not worked either.
It seems clear that with programming the car somehow starts to charge and does something that blocks my charger (in other chargers it seems that it just stops charging).
I have sent the query to Elli's support, but from what I have read in other cases they will not have an answer. It seems that at the moment the only solution is to try to program the wallbox in some way or change it for one that can be programmed.
viktor89

Post by viktor89 »

I am dumbfounded as to how this is an issue. This is such an important feature to any EV. I have the same issues as described throughout the thread here and I don't know what to do now. Quite annoying. I love the car, but things like this is just not acceptable. Skoda needs to fix this. Now.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I would send a letter to the registered office of whoever you paid for your Elli, informing them you reject the changer as not fit for the purpose and demand reimbursement of ratification within 7 days . Failing this you will sue in the country court.

In response to viktor89 I believe this is also a VW group problem in this also is a problem of the ID.3 and ID.4 with 7kW chargers. Fortunately many chargers are programmable.
I do think that there are common and different results across chargers. So perhaps there is also a protocol mismatch.
viktor89

Post by viktor89 »

My charger is controlled by the company I rent it from. They are not providing med access to program it or otherwise configure it through apps/etc. This is because I get tax-reductions based on how much I charge on it. So I am relying on the car to handle these things.

Anyone know if Skoda is providing any road-map or other time-line for when we can expect fixes to their buggy software?
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Saw on a German forum a reference to First 1/4 next year. Hope this is not true and we will get shortly.
I have seen one post which did not specify test conditions that said the new software (0910) does NOT fix this problem.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post